User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by surfintom View Post
    Are you saying you did this job or had your dealer do it and that's why you don't hear yours? I'll have to look again and look at that baffle plate. I'd rather do it without pulling the fridge inside.
    Neither. I am saying it is a muffin fan, If it is as noisy as you state the bearings are shot in it or there is a mounting problem with it. If under warranty then let the dealer/gd take care of it. If not do it yourself. I have looked at mine to see about upgrading to 2fans but haven’t bothered to yet as I have not seen the need ( at least in the northeast US.). Some people have reported a wood board baffle that they just cut out of the way and replaced. Mine has a metal baffle but can feel a screw in each upper corner on the back side holding it in place. A stubby screwdriver would remove them. The fins of the fridge end just below the top of the baffle so once the baffle is removed you can reach in. Hope this helps clarify.
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another thought is to install new fan near the upper vent which will act to pull cool air from the bottom vent. Run the new fan wires down to the bottom vent area and attach to 12vdc. Locate current noisy fan wires and cut. Leave old fan in place.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minnow101 View Post
    Another thought is to install new fan near the upper vent which will act to pull cool air from the bottom vent. Run the new fan wires down to the bottom vent area and attach to 12vdc. Locate current noisy fan wires and cut. Leave old fan in place.
    This is what I was going to do but the Dometic man said not to do this because the way the vents are built they will not allow sufficient airflow.

Brian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyBober View Post
    I am saying it is a muffin fan, If it is as noisy as you state the bearings are shot in it or there is a mounting problem with it. If under warranty then let the dealer/gd take care of it. If not do it yourself.
    It sounds like we have the same setup. Mine is relatively new and still under warranty so I doubt it's a bearing problem. It may be a mounting problem. It sounds like a vibration noise. I'll take another look at the baffle and whether I can remove it to get access to the fan. If I can, I'll fix or replace the one and probably add a second.
    Tom and Kathy
    Fort Collins, CO
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2016 RAM 2500, 6.7 Turbo Diesel,
    Crew Cab, Standard Bed, Hitch Prep
    B&W Companion Hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Campers View Post
    This is what I was going to do but the Dometic man said not to do this because the way the vents are built they will not allow sufficient airflow.

Brian
    I think I'd try it anyways. You can always resort to the "nuclear" option later(pull refrigerator and remove faulty fan) if the old fan blocks the air flow too much(which I doubt). These Dometic and Norcold service guys are always so full of advice except the most important advice; how to build an RV refrigerator that is dependable and quiet.
    Last edited by minnow101; 09-03-2018 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Clarifying
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A couple of additional thoughts . . .

The close out baffle plate across the upper opening is fastened from the inside. Difficult to remove without removing the fridge first. If you decide to cut out the baffle plate, leave a flange so that a new plate can be installed from the outside.

Fans push air more efficiently than they pull air (unless they are in a duct) if you put the fan above the cooling fins, it is more likely to pull air from a lower resistance path around the fins than through them. A fan below the fins (where the OE fans are) is more likely to push air through the fins.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12