User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lowering front jacks causes hyd. slides to extend

When raising the front of the trailer to unhitch, the front jacks took a partial load and stopped. The hydraulic pump didn't change pitch so I kept going until I heard something creaking. I walked around to the curb side and the dining room slide had extended. When I retracted the jacks, the slide also retracted. I closed the manuals valves for the slides and the front jacks worked normally. When operating the slides from the inside control, they extend and retract normally.
    Given this information, I assume the solenoid operated valve is defective. It appears the solenoid is operating normally but the valve is not sealing in the "off" position. Before I tear into this, does anyone have experience with removing/servicing these valve assemblies? I suspect a torn O-ring, but really don't know the details of these particular valves.
    I would appreciate any insight.

Safe Travels.

Jim
    Jim & Gwen
    2015 Solitude 379fl, VIN 573FS4324F1102454
    2011 F-350 SC, DRW, 6.7 PSD, Ride-Rite Air Bags, Pull-Rite 20.5 K
    "You can't get lost if you don't care where you're going"

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had that issue and in my case the solenoid valve manual override set screw on the top of the valve for the slides was not completely closed. I forget where it is but Lippert on their website has a procedure that shows the valve. I adjusted that with an Allen key and all is good now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the response, Elkaholic. I checked the manual override and it is properly closed. Problem persists. I'll pull the cartridge valve and check the O-rings.

Safe Travels,

Jim
    Jim & Gwen
    2015 Solitude 379fl, VIN 573FS4324F1102454
    2011 F-350 SC, DRW, 6.7 PSD, Ride-Rite Air Bags, Pull-Rite 20.5 K
    "You can't get lost if you don't care where you're going"