User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to get tv in bedroom to work off antenna

We have a 2019 Imagine by grand design. Service guy told us that when we put tv in bedroom n plug it up it would be on antenna just search channels like we did living room.. That it was like wireless.. Well it doesnt work. It search but nothing shows up n it tells us to search channels....Are we doing something wrong? We are newbees and still learning. Can anyone help. We are frustrated..

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe you were fed crap. You will have to get a coax to the tv. On my Imagine 2970 the antenna is close to the bedroom. I can pull the fan in the bathroom down to get to the wire. Just cut a splitter into the coax.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mmsbud View Post
    We have a 2019 Imagine by grand design. Service guy told us that when we put tv in bedroom n plug it up it would be on antenna just search channels like we did living room.. That it was like wireless.. Well it doesnt work. It search but nothing shows up n it tells us to search channels....Are we doing something wrong? We are newbees and still learning. Can anyone help. We are frustrated..
    First--welcome to the forum!

1) Is the antenna booster turned on? (I assume you have one--on my Reflection it's a little red button behind the TV in the living room.)
    2) (Forgive the obvious question)...do you have a coax cable going from the bedroom connection to the TV? There should be a connection box right where the mounting point is for the TV.
    3) Is the TV setup for ANTENNA TV (vs cable/satellite box) input?
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    First--welcome to the forum!

1) Is the antenna booster turned on? (I assume you have one--on my Reflection it's a little red button behind the TV in the living room.)
    2) (Forgive the obvious question)...do you have a coax cable going from the bedroom connection to the TV? There should be a connection box right where the mounting point is for the TV.
    3) Is the TV setup for ANTENNA TV (vs cable/satellite box) input?
    The way I read it, there is not a coax there. They told him it was wireless.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokensalem View Post
    The way I read it, there is not a coax there. They told him it was wireless.
    I find that highly unlikely. I believe it is a misunderstanding.

The attached picture shows the coax connections in the ceiling (it's from a 2800BH--I don't know the OP's actual TT).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2800BH.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	14817

Edit: Let me add that I could also be completely wrong--I'm certainly not an expert on the Imagine line.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2800BH.JPG  
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I do know that one of the connectors in that plate is satellite. He may just need to swap connections. Also on my imagine the antenna amp is pretty well hidden in the living room tv cabinet. Also I had to replace a few coax connectors due to not being installed correctly.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just swap the cable to the other one and see if it works. Or you could use a DOM to ohm it out.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hook up to the terminal that says cable.

Turn antennae booster on.

Put TV input to antennae.

Scan for channels.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Howson, yes we have antenna tv on imput. Thats where i went to search channels.. What we cant understand is the 3 way antenna that just connects to the cable connector on back of tv isnt working either... When it had just been working on same tv just last week before we put tv in camper... Any suggestions?

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure the guy that told you it was wireless was totally correct. Wireless from the TV station transmitter all the way to your TV antenna on your trailer. The other 0.000001% of the way to your TV needs a coax.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast