User Tag List

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furrion customer service “help”

Well, our backup camera did not work after last winter. We bought it Sept. 2, 2017 shortly after buying the trailer. We installed it and used it once or twice. This spring, we plugged in the monitor and it wouldn’t pair. Taking the camera down, powering up in the truck, it still wouldn’t pair. Tried reset and still wouldn’t pair. There was just no signal. We even tried a different power (12v) source. Same thing, no signal. So, sending the receipt, they decided we could have a new system, but there will only be a 30 day warranty on it. Our trailer was pre-wired for it to be on all the time. I just feel like we spent all that money for nothing. We can install the new one and check that it works, but come spring we’re on our own. Bruce seems to think that sounds about right, because we had a years use of it (twice, really?). But my takeaway is they don’t really believe in the integrity of their product. Expensive lesson learned! Impulsive Bruce agrees.
    Nancy

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I understand you correctly, you bought a camera in Sept '17 and it had a 1 year warranty. Furrion replaced the camera recently under warranty. That being the case, the warranty replacement will only carry the remainder of the original warranty, it doesn't start all over again. This is standard across the board for most warranty replacements, unfortunately.

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LV Naturist View Post
    If I understand you correctly, you bought a camera in Sept '17 and it had a 1 year warranty. Furrion replaced the camera recently under warranty. That being the case, the warranty replacement will only carry the remainder of the original warranty, it doesn't start all over again. This is standard across the board for most warranty replacements, unfortunately.

John
    That's true. However, (off topic a bit) we bought a battery for my car Oct 2015 that had a 3 year warranty. That battery died while we were on our trip this summer. We called the battery provider and they replaced it with a new battery, also with a 3 year warranty.

That's what I call great customer service.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update here. The Furrion CS rep replaced the camera and it arrived a couple of days before we toted Granny to our Fall 5 weekend “special” campground. Interestingly, the monitor/screen does NOT have an antenna! Not even a spot/hole/port for one. Camera came out of the box paired, and works fine. Just out of curiosity, of those who use Furrion cameras in northern parts of the country, do you remove it and store it for the winter? We will certainly be doing so from now on. Didn’t really occur to us our first year. Maybe because we have so many cameras around the house, used year-round.
    Nancy