User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mhankerd View Post
    Steven@147,
    What lubricant do you use on the pull valve handles?
    mhankerd - I use marine white grease on the pull cable shaft that you can see. I have never had much luck getting lubrication to work its way down the cable. I have tried silicone spray for this but it didn't make much difference. The real fix is re-routing the cables so they follow the cable manufacturer's bend recommendations and they move much more easily.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mhankerd View Post
    Steven@147,
    What lubricant do you use on the pull valve handles?
    I keep small spray cans of WD40 and a PTFE lubricant in the storage compartment and use it on the metal shaft at the handle. WD 40 is a water displacement and helps somewhat with corrosion and freeing up stuck or hard to move stuff. Really you could use anything to help the metal shaft slide in and out of the sheath for the dump valve handle and keep it from corroding / rusting. Or what Rob was saying a marine grade lubricant which doesn't ware/wash off as fast. You can't do much for the other end where the valve is, its covered by the coloplast.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to all for your suggestions on the pull handle lubricant!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12