Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Air bubbles in water

I know I’ve seen this somewhere but I can’t find it. We seem to be having air bubbles in our water when it comes out of the faucet but cannot find any leaks anywhere any ideas as to how or why we see air bubbles in our water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, We’d like to know this too. We’ve been hooked up to the house for a month and a few days now and haven’t used water in the trailer. Went to do some cleaning the other day and the water came out fizzing like a hot soda. I let it run for about a minute and a half. It cleared. Water heater has been off and I didn’t turn it on to clean. Also, a good portion of the water hose to the trailer has been exposed to daily heating in direct sunlight and nighttime temps in high 50s. Since it cleared relatively quickly, I just figured it was combo of disuse and temp fluctuations.
    Nancy and Bruce

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Air bubbles in water

We are currently staying in our camper because our house is being renovated so we are using Fossetts every day and water heater every day so we’re not really understanding why the air bubbles although a great part of the hose is running across the driveway and is heated so possibly airs be formed in the hose outside checking the water heater to see if there’s any air in it , Air bubbles seem to be coming out of the cold water more than the hot water

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are also on a well. The water goes into a holding tank that has air pressure added to it, but it sounds like it is applied via some kind of “bladder”. If you are using it every day, no reason why it shouldn’t clear. I can understand not wanting to let it run though. We are off for our 5 weekend deal at a local campground on Friday, and our first stop will be their dump station. Anxious to follow the directions on the Drain valve lube bottle (pour in, add 5 gallons of water, drive, open and close valves a few times). We don’t usually get the sewer hookup at places we stay.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bry1956 View Post
    I know I’ve seen this somewhere but I can’t find it. We seem to be having air bubbles in our water when it comes out of the faucet but cannot find any leaks anywhere any ideas as to how or why we see air bubbles in our water. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This in the Electronics sub-forum?

I too have seen advice about this somewhere here too but can't remember it and can't find it. Good luck getting it figured out.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Search tiny bubbles. It is quite amusing in some parts.

Brian

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Brian, for finding the older thread. It was a fun read, and hopefully relieves some worry knowing others have seen this happen before. I’m the dummy who dewinterized the trailer (not goin back for that hyphen now) this past spring and forgot to WAIT til after I cleared the lines to turn the WH bypass. Yep, pink stuff in the hot water It passed. Anyway, our recent bubbles passed, as I hope the OP’s will. I’m chalking mine up to hose in the sun, constantly on/under pressure and the fact that this connection is the closest in the entire house to that pressurized holding tank.
    Nancy

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh! bry1956, I just had a thought. You say you are renovating. Have they had to turn your water off to do plumbing work? That would certainly create air voids in all the plumbing lines. N

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the air bubble issue and it cleared. I am not sure what cleared it, but I did drain my hot water tank (it was drained at the end of last season, but i did it again). In my case, the bubbles only appeared if I had hot water running, if i switched to all cold, they went away.

Bottom line, this was the first few times I used the RV earlier this season. The issue is gone now. Not sure if emptying the hot water tank fixed it, but that took minutes to do, so it was worth a shot.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS