I always liked to assume that my OS would keep the date I took a picture or video. It's nice to have an accurate date of when the picture was taken and be able to sort accordingly. Prior to using mobile phones, that was true with my Nikon and Fuji cameras. But, I ran into a problem awhile back after a Windows 10 update which decided to change many of my photos on my PC to 1934 and 1948. Have no idea what happened but don't think digital cameras were in use then and wasn't around at that point to take any pictures. In digging for a way to recover the actual date for all of my photos, I found that transferring photos back and forth between my Samsung Galaxy and PC didn't maintain the Exif data correctly either. Came across a good description of what happens and how to correct the dates (in batch format) in a Samsung Community response if anyone is interested. I tried it. Worked. Utility is called Exif Date Changer. The only modification I had to make is split the number of photos in two - assuming there is a limit in the software.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/.../1695763#M5054