Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help with RV 770

For all you RV 770 experts, I have a question. I put the dimensions of my rig in the RV 770. How do I know if the GPS is using this data to create my route? Is there something that will show on the GPS screen indicating that it has used the data? I hope I have explained my question so it can be understood.

Thank you

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No. If you want to see what route it would have selected without using the data, you can set the GPS to "Car" mode and have it calculate the route. Compare that to the route it calculates in "RV" mode to see the differences. If you're traveling in areas with a lot of highways, there won't be any differences. Where we get rerouted is on secondary and tertiary roads where old bridges and low overpasses are an issue (think "off the beaten track").

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick1234 View Post
    How do I know if the GPS is using this data to create my route? Is there something that will show on the GPS screen indicating that it has used the data?
    Nick (I assume!),
    I had my 770 sitting right next to me, so I played with it for a minute. (I'm relatively new to the 770, but not Garmin.)

When the 770 is in "RV" mode you should see an RV symbol in the top bar of the GPS when at the main menu or home screen. (The RV will be just to the left of the time). If you select that RV you'll go to the input screen where you tell the GPS your RV's dimensions. As you'll see on the left side of that screen, you can select your RV or a car. If the RV is selected, the GPS calculates with the RV limitations. If the car is selected, it calculates using car parameters.

Hope that helps.

-Howard

P.S. Check out the "Vehicle Profiles" section of the Garmin 770 manual for more information. (I had to go double-check to make sure I was passing on good info!)
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    Nick (I assume!),
    I had my 770 sitting right next to me, so I played with it for a minute. (I'm relatively new to the 770, but not Garmin.)

When the 770 is in "RV" mode you should see an RV symbol in the top bar of the GPS when at the main menu or home screen. (The RV will be just to the left of the time). If you select that RV you'll go to the input screen where you tell the GPS your RV's dimensions. As you'll see on the left side of that screen, you can select your RV or a car. If the RV is selected, the GPS calculates with the RV limitations. If the car is selected, it calculates using car parameters.

Hope that helps.

-Howard

P.S. Check out the "Vehicle Profiles" section of the Garmin 770 manual for more information. (I had to go double-check to make sure I was passing on good info!)
    Thank you very much