User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    Rob why do you use levelers like these when your Reflection has (I believe) a jack-based leveling system?
    Our 2016 337RLS was built around May/June of 2015 - just before auto-leveling became standard on Reflection fifth wheels. We use the levelers in conjunction with a LevelMatePRO digital Bluetooth device. The LevelMatePRO displays level info on my phone while I'm in the truck cab. It tells me which side needs the levelers (if at all), so I can position the levelers, get in the truck and back/pull onto them until the LevelMatePRO tells me I'm level side-to-side. I unhitch and adjust the front landing gear until the LevelMatePRO tells me I'm level front-to-back. The whole process takes me 5 - 7 minutes and has never thrown an error or out-of-range message!

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    The whole process takes me 5 - 7 minutes and has never thrown an error or out-of-range message! Rob
    That sounds like a dig at those who (sometimes) have trouble with their auto-leveling systems! I hope your battery dies while you're leveling. Oh, wait...
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got this reply from the OEM:

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for reaching out. We are still making them, they just ran out of stock faster than expected and we're working to get them back in as fast as possible. They should be available on Amazon within the week.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask

Jack
    Beech Lane
    Foard County News & Sassy Schoolmarm
    Nathan & Susan Gifford
    Belle, & Danke
    53 days camping 8000 miles 2017
    2017 Imagine 2800BH
    '07 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax LBZ 4WD

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    That sounds like a dig at those who (sometimes) have trouble with their auto-leveling systems! I hope your battery dies while you're leveling. Oh, wait...
    No "dig" intended. Both the truck and my wife's new Honda have more technology in them than the airplanes I used to fly. Propping an engine by hand is normal for me. I didn't have power winches on my sailboats (nor roller furling on the jib for that matter). I grew up camping in the Gila Wilderness in New Mexico with my dad when a "bedroll" meant a 6 x 6 tarp and a couple of army surplus blankets - forget the tent. All this to say: 1) almost anything can be made to work, and 2) I'm tickled pink to have what I have. May your battery live forever.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I noticed the Andersen's are not as wide as my Goodyear Endurance tires. Really not liking the sides of the tires hanging off the edges of the wedges where I would prefer full support.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I now have a pair of the Beech Lane levelers from Amazon and for less than what they were first priced. I don't know how they compare to the Andersons. They are 6" wide by 15" long. They really look very tough, and are suppose to be rated for 35k pounds
    Nathan & Susan Gifford
    Belle, & Danke
    2017 Imagine 2800BH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, I have used the Beech Lane Levelers for several months now. In short, I like them and would buy them again.

They work as well or better than the Andersons, though if I had Andersons I wouldn't dump them to buy Beech Lane's.

Cons:
    One of the complaints about these levelers are using them on soft or slippery surfaces. They do tend to slide on those surfaces. To compensate some use boards or carpet pieces to limited sliding.

Pros:
    When used on regular surfaces and paired with the Levelmate Pro it is KILLER for leveling you trailer. Automatic systems I am sure are easier to use, but if you do not have one, for manual setup it would be hard to beat.
    Nathan & Susan Gifford
    Belle, & Danke
    2017 Imagine 2800BH

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12