User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

used the slider for the first time

I bought the slider because I wasn't sure there would be clearance between the cab of the pick up and the front of the trailer in tight turns. I have never had to use it for that reason, there is plenty of clearance. But on a recent trip I found another situation where the slider seemed to help me. There were two sites that were really tight, and I had difficulty backing into them. I used the slider, and it seems like the trailer is more responsive to the steering wheel. I was able to back into the sites on the first try after sliding the hitch back. Maybe as my skill level backing the fifth wheel increases, I won't have to slide it back in the future. This difference in handling might be a consideration for other people when they choose a hitch.

Dave
    2016 Reflection 27RL
    2015 Silverado 2500HD 6L
    B&W Patriot 18k slider
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Dave,

I have been saying this (on several different threads) for years .

There are a lot of reasons to regularly use your slider. Posts 15 & 16 of this thread have more thoughts on this. https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...479#post162479

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive been all over this site and missed this info. I was raised on large farm and have better than average skills backing a large trailer but maneuvering our FW has been more of a chalenge than expected. I assumed the manual slider was only good for 90* situations. If this helps, the next beer is on me!
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS
    2014 RAM 3500 SB SRW Turbo Diesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update - after two trips using the manual slider, (for me) it makes maneuvering for parking easier - forward or backwards. Thanks for the post
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS
    2014 RAM 3500 SB SRW Turbo Diesel