Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

F150 Lariat pull Reflection 150 290 BH

Hey guys,
    I have run the numbers but an not sure and want a second opinion. My family of 4 is looking at the REFLECTION SERIES 290 BH and I am wanting to make sure my 2015 F 150 Lariat 4x4 can pull it with no problem. Here are the specs on my truck

145" Wheelbase
    3.5L V6 Ecoboost
    3.31 electronic lock RR axle
    7000 lbs GVWR package
    FX4 off-road package
    Class IV trailer hitch
    Trailer tow package

We could also do a travel trailer but I would really prefer the fifth wheel. Is there any other info needed?

thanks I really appreciate the help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m pretty sure it will do fine, down hill. You might slow down a bit up hill
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What does your payload sticker say for payload capacity? It is on the driver’s door b-pillar next to the tire pressures. That number is usually the problem.
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DRFamily - F150s come in a lot of different variations. The best for towing have the Heavy Duty Payload Package. From the numbers you have provided, I don’t think your truck has this package. The yellow tire info label on the driver’s door will have a line something like “contents and cargo should never exceed ? lbs”. This is your payload and is probably somewhere around 1800 lbs. The pin weight of a loaded 290BH will be at least that. Leaving no allowance for the weight of your family and their stuff in the truck. If you are considering a travel trailer, watch the hitch weight very carefully. As you have noted, all half ton trucks come with Class IV hitches which are limited to about 1200 lbs with a weight distributing hitch.

Probably not the info you were hoping for, but good that you asked the question before hand.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems that most of the 1/2 5er rear living rooms are running between 17 to 18 percent pin weight loaded ready to camp. Figure a UVW of 8496 with a family of four if you really watch what you load the ready to camp weight would be between 9500 to 10,000 pounds. Split the difference and say 9750 would have a pin weight between 1650 (17%) or 1755 (18%). Add in hitch at 150 pounds and 4 people and other stuff in the truck at 600 pounds you need a payload of around 2400 to 2505 on the yellow sticker on the door jam.
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys the sticker on the door says never exceed: 1620 LBS. Im wondering if there is a way to upgrade to the Heavy Duty Payload package?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the pin weight on the grand design site said 1280 so I thought we would be ok , man unfortunately I just bought the truck otherwise I would get something bigger, but maybe there is a bunkhouse travel trailer that would work for us

any thoughts on the IMAGINE 3170 BH ??? could we make that work?
    Last edited by DRFamily; 09-06-2018 at 05:54 PM.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You would need the max.tow package,.and I don't think it will be easily converted. Depending on the model year, some max tow models have one more lug nut, different wheels, different springs front and back, different axle housing and a lower gear ratio. There is a reason the rv package and max.tow package costs.almost $3k from the factory. It is easier to just trade for a 3/4 ton.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    are you saying we would need max tow for the IMAGINE 3170BH?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the sticker says 1620, but do u think we could make it work with something like the IMAGINE 3170 BH? thats our second choice

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast