@huntr70 I was considering doing just that. Another option: I think the awning ext/ret switch is an identical switch. I was thinking to switch them and just not use my awning until I can get properly serviced. I did order the replacement switch identified by @boyscout -- but that is coming from Amazon and won't be available until I get back home. This morning before we broke camp, I found an auto parts store and bought some 14 awg hookup wire along with a double pole double throw switch. Hoping that in a pinch, I might be able make that do something for me.

New symptoms: Two days in a row now the curb-side (theater seating side) slideout stops after retracting about an inch and we're stuck. And in a panic. This morning when it happened, we did hear clicking. Not sure if it was from the hydraulic pump breaker or not. Continued to activate the slider switch -- extend/retract/extend/retract. Ultimately it got over the point at which the slideout seemed to be sticking, and we got the beast fully retracted.

I'm here to tell you, this has become frightening. We're at the top of Wolf Creek Pass in Colorado, and I'm worried about making it home.

-Steve