Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Dometic fridge has a metal chimney in the back not wood

There was a thread here where someone added computer fans to the back of the fridge after cutting out the wood chimney.

Today I pulled off the upper and lower panels on the outside back wall of the fridge. What I saw was metal flashing. I'm assuming this is the "improved" version of the chimney?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fridge back 2.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	15027

Also supposedly you can pull the AC plug and 12v plug to reset the fridge. I don't see the AC plug on the back and I'm not sure which is the correct 12 plug to pull.

Name:	Fridge back 1.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	15028
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    There was a thread here where someone added computer fans to the back of the fridge after cutting out the wood chimney.

Today I pulled off the upper and lower panels on the outside back wall of the fridge. What I saw was metal flashing. I'm assuming this is the "improved" version of the chimney?

Name:	Fridge back 2.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	15027

Also supposedly you can pull the AC plug and 12v plug to reset the fridge. I don't see the AC plug on the back and I'm not sure which is the correct 12 plug to pull.

Name:	Fridge back 1.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	15028
    Ac plug was lower left looking from the outside access on mine, never did figure out where to disconnect the DC power so pulled the fuse. Unfortunately to no effect in my case. Dealer has ordered a new cooling unit

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2018 Reflection 27RL
    2017 GMC 2500