User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara & Dave View Post
    About the only things you can't run without tripping the house circuit breaker are the microwave, A/C, electric fireplace, and the hot water heater (on electric).

On the trailer, the slide motors and the landing gear might or might not draw enough current to overload the circuit breaker.

Dave

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    The slides and levelers operate off the batteries. He'll have to charge the batteries first however, operating the slides or levelers should not affect the breaker in the house.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put a 30 amp box on the side of the house for our little travel trailer. Now we have the 315 rlts which is wired for 50 amps. I use the 30 to 50 dog bone and can use one AC while working inside. We have the choice of using the bedroom or living room AC, but cannot use both at the same time

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Just go down to home depot or hardware store buy a rv outlet box for about 150.00 two circuit breakers and some 3 wire awg 8 wire (whatever length) may require some PVC conduit and just set it up right.
    The box should be all set up for 110, 30amp, 50 amp hookup.
    Very easy to do.
    Then you can run it all
    This is an ideal solution. I would use 6/3, not 8/3 wire. 50A wiring on the RV from the shore connection to the breaker box uses 6/3 + 8/1 wire as do the 50A RV shore power cords/extension cords. The two power lines and neutral are 6 AWG and the ground is 8 AWG.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    This is an ideal solution. I would use 6/3, not 8/3 wire. 50A wiring on the RV from the shore connection to the breaker box uses 6/3 + 8/1 wire as do the 50A RV shore power cords/extension cords. The two power lines and neutral are 6 AWG and the ground is 8 AWG.
    Correct on the 6/3 + ground. And rather than 2 circuit breakers you will need a single. 50 amp 2-pole breaker.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wire sizes
    14 ga, = 15 amps
    12 ga. = 20 amps
    10 ga. = 30 amps
    6 ga. = 50 amps
    2017 Solitude 384GK
    2012 F350 Lariat
    Pullrite Superglide 18K

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what I installed https://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-70-Am...02SS/203393687 at my remote lot where we camp. Used Red, Black, White #6 and a Green #8 THHN-THWN wires running through a 3/4 in LiquidTite Flexible Conduit. It’s basically a sub panel protected with a 50 amp double pole breaker from the main panel.

Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Just FYI...

If you have a modern hybrid inverter, with load balancing, (and a decent battery bank) you can plug into even a 15 amp shore power and still run your rooftop air because the inverter “balances the load” and pulls power from both the batteries and shore power.

Same is true with generators.
    This is how we can run our roof air and microwave with a tiny Honda 2200.
    We could run our roof air with a Honda 1000 as a matter of fact, because of the load balancing.

I should set up a Honda 1000 in plain view and run the roof air in camp somewhere just to watch people’s reactions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tedzz9 View Post
    NM Cablewire sizes
    14 ga, = 15 amps
    12 ga. = 20 amps
    10 ga. = 30 amps
    6 ga. = 50 amps
    THHN/THWN-2 8 ga.=50 amps

Fixed it for ya

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you,,,,,,,
    2017 Solitude 384GK
    2012 F350 Lariat
    Pullrite Superglide 18K

Gone Traveling
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertcamper View Post
    My 50A Reflection is parked at my house and the onboard battery in drained. Can I safely connect my 50A to 30A dogbone to a household circuit using an adapter to charge the battery, use the lights and operate the landing levelers?
    Just my opinion here - this is what I did. I bought one of these boxes:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Then, I called my licensed electrician and had him install it. Now, I just plug in like I'm at a campground - no problem. This will make 50 amp, 30 amp and 110 available to you (I also use it to plug in my truck block heater in the winter).

Another tip if you want full hook up at home - buy a portable macerator and have the ability to dump your black and gray tanks at home.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast