User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use the 50 amp to 110 like Doug shows in post #3 . When I bought mine my new dogbone to 110 adapter would not work. Call dealer and they sent technician to my home (50 miles one way). He couldn't get it to work. Bought the 50 to 110 adapter and no more trouble.
    Eddie, Cindy, n Maddie (our fearless Yorkie)
    2012 F-350 LWB 4x4 6.7 SRW C-cab with B&W Turnover + Companion pulling a 2017 307MKS Reflection

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was told that if you have a run longer than 100', you need to use heavier wire. I saw a chart once showing gauge of wire versus length of run.
    ~Dean

2019 Ford F250 Supercab, 6.2L
    2023 GD Imagine AIM 18BH
    2012 Harley FLHRC, Deep Purple,; 2012 Honda PCX150
    "Auctioneer, specializing in FL onsite auctions"

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSwick View Post
    I was told that if you have a run longer than 100', you need to use heavier wire. I saw a chart once showing gauge of wire versus length of run.
    Yes 100 feet is where we start taking voltage drop into consideration for most circuits. The wire size will be dictated by the circuit length, type of wire and total expected load. Note that even though voltage drop adjustments are mentioned in the fine print notes of the code, they are not code enforced, they are just good practice.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSwick View Post
    If this is just for your storage location, you can get by with less, but you have to be very careful. The AC's and converter (if the batteries are way low) are the big draws. Just sitting with the fridge on AC, the alarms and a trickle charge on the batteries will pull 12 to 15 amps on mine. Turn the fridge off and you could get by with a 10 gauge extension cord on a 20 amp circuit, but a 30 amp circuit and cord would be much better at 100'. Run an AC or space heater very much and you'll find your plugs getting hot and melting. The 50 amp cords are expensive, but after you fry some lighter cords - and risk your RV, family and pets - they look much better.
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I use a 15-Amp Male to 50-Amp Female adapter, with a 50’ extension cord plugged into a 110 outlet, will this keep my battery charged and fridge running?
    Wiley & Shelley
    2018 Grand Design Solitude 373FB (w/ Reese 20k Goose Box)
    2017 Ford F-350 FX-4 SRW w/ 6.7 PSD

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WileyS View Post
    If I use a 15-Amp Male to 50-Amp Female adapter, with a 50’ extension cord plugged into a 110 outlet, will this keep my battery charged and fridge running?

Yes. You can run everything except the Air Conditioners, water heater and microwave.

I have my 337RLS plugged into 110 outlet at storage facility. I turn on fridge on electric day before a trip to pre cool it.

Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123