Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fall Packing, 376TH

It's that time of year again:

Fall

Snowbirds are starting to think about their southerly migration, we are thinking about our Grandkid tour and northerly migration. This year is pretty simple. We are in Park City, UT. We will head south to the grandkids in Texas over the Thanksgiving week and then head back here. We hope to visit Big Bend NP this year.

So first we have to pack the big things, motorcycles and E-Bikes.

Next comes the little stuff: inflatable whitewater kayak, fishing tackle, scuba equipment, big tool box, and note how I have put the winter ski clothes box on the top for easy access later.

The inflatable fishing boats will have to wait a bit. DW has mandated one last trout supper, so Sunday while she is working I am required to head up into the high mountains and catch some fish. Then I will get to clean, deflate, and disassemble the racks for packing. 11 days from now we begin our migration.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've been up to Park City several times in the past month. Like it there. Not far from here in Flaming Gorge. We're only here for a couple of more weeks and then headed to California to spend the time with the grandkids.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dallas
    Didn't you purchase an RV skirt? How big is the box for that?
    KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbiker View Post
    Dallas
    Didn't you purchase an RV skirt? How big is the box for that?
    KEN
    It's stored in a bag that was supplied with the skirt, it is kept in the front pass through storage. The whole skirt and the slide covers take up about 5x3x3 foot space and weighs in around 100 pounds. It's a significant investment, I both space and money, but worth it to us because of our winter habits.
    Dallas

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCZhome View Post
    Not far from here in Flaming Gorge. … to spend the time with the grandkids.
    Did you get to float the Green River from the dam to Dinosaur NP?

The 23rd we start a lazy ride down to visit the grandkids in Texas for Thanksgiving. Hope to get down to Big Bend NP also.
    Dallas

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, we haven't floated the river. But we have friends that are here for a week, from California and we drove over to the dam yesterday. We did see a large bus coming up out of the canyon from just below the dam. Was surprised to see that large of a bus coming up that one lane, winding road. I assume they were taking a load of rafters down.

We stopped at the campground and the boat ramp and the water is very cold, even on the surface. At the visitor's center we saw a display the shows that water is released from 200 ft. below the surface where the water temp. rarely reaches more than 40F. This is to minimize the amount of fish that are sent through the turbines. Flaming Gorge has the world record for six species of fish. Although I'm not a fisherman, I've seen a lot of lake trout and brown trout in the 15-25 lb. range and some pretty large Kokonee salmon also. We are workamping, managing this fishing motel here in Mainila and we've had fishing clubs from all over the west.....three clubs from California.

https://www.idahostatejournal.com/ou...d4159768f.html
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg