User Tag List

View Poll Results: Outside Kitchen?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like my outside kitchen and don't want changes

18 34.62%
  • I wish my model had an outside kitchen

6 11.54%
  • I'd prefer the outside kitchen be eliminated and the space used for other purposes.

10 19.23%
  • I'd like modifications to my existing kitchen (please comment)

9 17.31%
  • I don't really care, but wanted to vote anyway.

9 17.31%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our previous TT (KZ spree bunkhouse) had a large outside kitchen. It had a bigger fridge nice counter and a sink cupboards over head. I loved it and miss it greatly. The door was big enough you could stand under in the rain and the sink was great. Our 29RS just has a small fridge that can not hold a case of beverage and no sink or cupboards. I did some mods but miss my old one.
    Would be nice if GD would offer one similar to what we had but no bunk house needed. We try to do all cooking outside, I have a 3 burner camp chef that I use.

Brian

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Enjoy the outdoor kitchen immensely. I like the kitchen better in the bigger 311BHS but wanted to have a smaller camper to start with. I would like a bigger fridge and a sink like the 311BHS but I'm happy our 28BH came with the things it did.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch ISR Version
    Predator 3500W Inverter Generator
    2017 Ram 3500 Mega cab SRW w/6.4L Hemi, Ramboxes, Active Air Rear Suspension
    2017 Aluma 8214HS
    2015 Lund Crossover 1775 XS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like an outside kitchen which is one of the reasons we went for the 2800BH vs. the 2600RB. If the 2600RB had one (shrink the bathroom a little so it will fit) we may have purchased that unit instead. It would be nice if the outside fridge was propane so I can cool the beer while enroute (not sure if you flip fridge and stove and vent the fridge to the rear with the hot water heater) it still provides more fridge space for us Imagine owners (need a bigger fridge ). Regarding the two burner stove, I would prefer a nice grill (or option for one) vs. the stove. We did add a grill/mount to the rear bumper though. Better access to the propane connection fitting (flip up access panel/door) would be a lot of help.
    Mike
    2021 Reflection 295RL
    2021 Ford F-250 7.3L 4.30 rear
    B&W Companion hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would like a sink incorporated in the 297RSTS outdoor kitchen

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We do 99% of our cooking outside and setup per the pic attached. Purposely did not want an attached outside kitchen because you are at the mercy of a flat level campsite which we never have. Many kitchen setups are in the back. I am short and attempting to work at shoulder height or knee height just because of a non level campsite vs a level trailer sucks... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7981AED5-A0B2-40AD-9CA6-D058E05F8BF1.jpeg 
Views:	63 
Size:	1.80 MB 
ID:	15111
    YMMV

Jim
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jking46 View Post
    Big difference between the outside kitchen in our Imagine and the one in a Solitude. That one looks great.
    We had a TT before our Solitude. That TT had quad bunks in the back and so the outdoor kitchen was pretty small. Had a small fridge that worked well, but would only hold like 5 juice boxes and 6 beers and was out of space (and wasn't bolted down but strapped down). Had a nice shelf above the pull out two burner that we got some storage in and a sink that didn't drain anywhere. So the new one in the Solitude is a huge huge upgrade for us and since we cook outside for everything but breakfast we use it a lot and has really made a change in how approach meals etc.
    2019 Solitude 3740BH
    Seasonal on the Lake - no better place to be

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the best implementations of an outside kitchen Fran and I found while shopping is on Forest River's Rockwood 2707WS. It's an induction cook top--no gas! Really nice setup.

I can't visualize how GD can incorporate a mini-outside kitchen on a 315RLTS without sacrificing interior space, so the next best thing would be an area prepped to attach a table capable of holding a grill like the 17" Blackstone or an electric induction stove top. If they could replace a section of the exterior wall with the "table" (kind of like the storage door) that would be perfect. The "table" should have a built-in heat shield to keep from inadvertantly damaging the trailer. The heat shield should also have a sticker warning the user to roll up the awning when cooking greasy foods.

Finally, incorporate an easy way to connect the gas grill to the camper's propane tanks and/or electric plugs for an induction stove top.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use our outdoor kitchen EVERY DAY we camp. The stove has its limits, but the sink and fridge are required IMHO. The outdoor kitchen will be the most missed item when we move to a 351M, although I have conceded to add a small fridge in the garage, the sink will be missed most of all.

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use the outside refrigerator a lot. However, I don't remember every using the stove and we are full timers. It doesn't take up much space and it's not under a slide out so those aren't issues but it is pretty high up for my wife, if she ever wanted to use it.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The outdoor kitchen refrigerator is kind of small on our model but it works well enough to hold drinks and a couple of small items.

The propane grill is just too small and the flame is way too weak. I find that a cast iron pan works best with this stovetop because it cooks more evenly. Otherwise such a small weak flame, it's hot right over the flame and much cooler on the perimeter.

I like to use a square Lodge grill pan for steaks. I can get 3 good sized rib eyes on there. I have to angle the pan and turn both burners on to get even heat.

I just picked up a knockoff of the Iwatani butane cooktop ($39 on Amazon) for $18 CDN while I was visiting Vancouver. We're going to use that for wok cooking outside.

So what I'd like to see is a larger and more powerful cooktop for the outside kitchen.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast