User Tag List

View Poll Results: Outside Kitchen?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like my outside kitchen and don't want changes

18 34.62%
  • I wish my model had an outside kitchen

6 11.54%
  • I'd prefer the outside kitchen be eliminated and the space used for other purposes.

10 19.23%
  • I'd like modifications to my existing kitchen (please comment)

9 17.31%
  • I don't really care, but wanted to vote anyway.

9 17.31%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Poll - Outside Kitchen

Our 2017 Reflection travel trailer includes an exterior two burner stove and mini-fridge. It's a pain to use the two burner stove because you need to crawl under the slide out to hook up the propane line. And since we boon-dock on many of our trips, the mini fridge is just used for storage since we don't have electrical hook ups. What makes matters worse, is that the stove and mini refrigerator take up space that could have been used for cabinets in the interior kitchen area.

I know several other models have outside kitchens and I'd like to know if you find these useful. I'll tabulate the results of the poll and forward the information to the management team at GDRV so they can utilize the feedback for future design considerations.

Please comment below regarding your thoughts. If your comments are model specific, please list which model you own if it's not already in your signature.

Jim

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the 303RLS and like you boondock a lot (3 weeks in the Kaibab and 3 in the Dixie in the past 8 weeks.

When we were looking for our trailer it was a must that it did not have an outside TV, but I was somewhat attracted to an outside kitchen. The unit we picked ended up not having the out side kitchen and we have not missed it.

Sounds like your issues are as much with the execution of the layout, but my vote would be to not have it...just like I don't!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have that same small fridge and two burner stove. Unless the weather is bad, we cook everything outside. I do not mind making the connection for fuel. Cooking bacon inside ......well, you get the smell most all day.

I would like to see it have more space in fact. One thing we liked about the unit we rented previously was the outside kitchen as set up as the "BAR" and it kept people from going in and out the trailer. It was also easy to lock up for the night. (preventing those young ones from getting what was not theirs, LOL)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well somebody had to vote I don't really care...

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use ours alot and like it. Also have a Weber Q and set it up next to the kitchen.
    Only suggestion would be a larger and better quality fridge. On the trips when we have grandkids and kids along, it's not big enough, and it takes way too long to chill beverages.
    2018 Imagine 2800bh
    2018 Ram 2500
    6.4 heni

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We love our outdoor kitchen and really wouldn't change anything on it. We have a weber grill that I have right next to this area on our site and I can do all of my grilling prep in the space, has hot/cold water right there plumbed to my #2 grey tank and a really nice size fridge. Basically this is my space and my wife gets the kitchen inside . I really enjoy how much storage space it has outside to get all of my grilling stuff put away and its also where we keep all of our s'mores supplies for the kiddos. Has some nice lighting options for night-time and eliminates the need to keep running inside for beverages (kiddo friendly on the bottom and adult-type on the top). Has an option for a small TV if I want to put one up in the future.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Solitude-3740BH-OutsideKitchen2-web.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	15098 (stock photo since I am not up at my camp site right now)
    2019 Solitude 3740BH
    Seasonal on the Lake - no better place to be

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On our TT, the outdoor kitchen is in the space below the lower bunk, so it really isn't taking up any room we would use for anything else. The area above the burner is probably our most used storage area, we store campfire/outdoor things there, including the big Lodge frying pan, ready to rumble. Our entire outdoor kitchen is under the canopy which has been great more than once already.

Our boat has a 12v fridge that will run all day sitting on the hook without the engine running, keeps things cold, and there is always plenty of battery at the end of the day to get us home. I think it would be neat to have such a fridge in the spot where the 120v one is.
    2019 F350 6.7L PS SRW CCSB Platinum
    2021 28BH with theater seating and 2nd AC
    2019 Imagine 2400BH w/solar (sold)
    https://rolling.howardweb.info/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like our kitchen because it is below the lower bunk-bed and isn't using any space we need. I would modify it to include more counter-space (currently none when the stove is in use). I plan to remove the exterior TV in the compartment next to the kitchen and replace that TV with a fold-down counter-top.
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big difference between the outside kitchen in our Imagine and the one in a Solitude. That one looks great.
    2018 Imagine 2800bh
    2018 Ram 2500
    6.4 heni

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our Reflection had an outdoor kitchen. We didn't use either the mini fridge or the outside burners at all in four months of travel, and that was one of the reasons we had bought the model we did. While traveling we bought a little gas BBQ and used that frequently.

So we declined the slide-out kitchen option in our Solitude (it used up WAY too much of the basement anyway!) The propane feed for our little BBQ is more-conveniently located than it was on the Reflection, near the door and easy to plug/unplug without crawling under the trailer. We're set!
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast