User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    It's a great product. I had a few that wouldn't take and with this try take it easy.
    Are you saying that you had/have wet bolts that would not take grease but now they do because you are using this tool?
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice little gadget to grab onto the zerk. I was looking for a good mini grease gun for the 3 oz tubes. I have the regular size gun but I thought the mini gun might be better for storage in the RV. Then I had a hard time finding the 3oz tubes of grease I wanted. On the other hand, when the tube became empty, I have opened the top and packed more new grease into the cardboard tubes from a fresh pound can.

While I'm thinking about it - what's up with mounting the wet bolts with the grease zerks pointed in, then you have to crawl under the RV and hug the axle to grease the suspension. Why can't they install the bolts with the zerks pointed out, makes it a whole lot nicer. When I installed the wet bolts in our Imagine I had them all pointed out. Nothing was in the way to get at the zerks and It was easy to grease the suspension from the outside.
    Well one thing I am going to keep from my shop is the roll around creeper. When we are on a site with a concrete pad every once in awhile, I'll take the opportunity to roll around under the RV and check things out. Not every time but every now and then for me its a good idea just to take a look underneath. Would be a good time to hit the grease zerks maybe every 6 months or so depending on mileage, since they are all turned inside.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve

The zerks are turned in for protection from road debris. Would not take much to knock the ends off with a well placed stone.
    Then the fund would begin to get the leftover part out.

Brian

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Campers View Post
    Steve

The zerks are turned in for protection from road debris. Would not take much to knock the ends off with a well placed stone.
    Then the fund would begin to get the leftover part out.

Brian
    I guess Brian, but seems to me turned in or out is the same risk, unless they figure a tire will only pick up a rock on the outside thread. I'll turn mine out.

Ok blow out on a tire, I can see the possibilities. Still its a PITA for us older people.
    Last edited by Steven@147; 04-03-2019 at 11:18 AM.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vonzoog View Post
    Are you saying that you had/have wet bolts that would not take grease but now they do because you are using this tool?
    Yes. I had 2 troublesome zerks I battled until I got this. I no longer have any issues.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^Thanks. Good info.
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too remember the 5-gallon grease buckets. I have 2 grease guns - pistol grip and lever. The pistol grip & rigid extension work well on axles, I can spin the wheel while pumping grease in.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bit the bullet and got one. It works great! When greasing the new zerks on my MorRyde upgrade I didn't have to hold the great gun fitting against the zerk and force it to pump into the zerk instead of backing out of the fitting. I give it an A+.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can also recommend this grease gun upgrade. I picked one up last year and have used it with much satisfaction since.
    2019 F350 6.7L PS SRW CCSB Platinum
    2021 28BH with theater seating and 2nd AC
    2019 Imagine 2400BH w/solar (sold)
    https://rolling.howardweb.info/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the information. Just ordered mine today. I also have a couple of jerk fittings that don't want to take grease.. Hope this helps..
    2016 Reflection 303 rls
    Titan Disc Brakes
    Hensley hitch
    2002 GMC Duramax 3:73 rear, 2 wheel drive

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast