User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grease Gun Use Made Easy!

First--the standard disclaimer that I have no financial interest in this gadget or any interest whatsoever with anyone even remotely connected to it. This endorsement is from first-hand experience with trying to use a grease gun without the device (usually a disaster) and then using the gun with this device (worked perfect--yea!).

The gadget is the LockNLube. It screws on to the end of the grease gun (replacing the standard fitting). Four "fingers" extend out and grab the zerk fitting and they hold on while pumping in grease. I actually enjoyed greasing my Blue Ox and lawn tractor last night! Today I'm going to pick up some Mobil1 grease and tackle the suspension on my trailer.

Worth every penny, if you are grease gun-challenged like me.

https://www.amazon.com/LockNLube-fit.../dp/B00H7LPKKU

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LockNLube.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	82.2 KB 
ID:	15112
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice gadget. Kind of pricy!!
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Gone Traveling
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks so much. Yet ANOTHER tool I never knew I needed but now have to buy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking of grease guns... Having been an auto mechanic for well over 40 years, I can remember a time before those fancy cardboard tubes of grease were readily available. Back when you had to unscrew the pump part, lock the handle to the rear, and hand fill the grease into the tube. You haven't lived until that handle unexpectedly unlocks and you end up with a 2" X 10" log of grease flying out and landing on your work boot!

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LV Naturist View Post
    Speaking of grease guns... Having been an auto mechanic for well over 40 years, I can remember a time before those fancy cardboard tubes of grease were readily available. Back when you had to unscrew the pump part, lock the handle to the rear, and hand fill the grease into the tube. You haven't lived until that handle unexpectedly unlocks and you end up with a 2" X 10" log of grease flying out and landing on your work boot!

John
    Working in my dad’s Texaco that was my job along with cleaning valve covers where the car was using non-detergent oil. Had the grease accident a couple of times
    2018 2600rb
    2015 Ford F-250 crew cab 4x4
    Lyons, Oregon

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When greasing dads tractors, he taught me to stick the barrel in the 5 gal grease bucket then pull back on the handle. Of course everything was greasy and the handle would slip out of my hands shooting a blob of grease all over.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Eddie, Cindy, n Maddie (our fearless Yorkie)
    2012 F-350 LWB 4x4 6.7 SRW C-cab with B&W Turnover + Companion pulling a 2017 307MKS Reflection

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had this 5 gal. bucket of some of the slipperiest silver grease that we had to pack into the grease gun. We would do the same thing try to suck up grease to fill the gun.
    It kinda reminds me of never seize, once you open the can it is every where. I do not miss that at all the tubes are a great invention.

Brian

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The LockNLube is a nice product. I've had one for a couple of years. I maintain 5 trailers, 2 tractors with loaders, many tractor implements, lawn care equipment, an ATV a UTV and several other things with grease fittings and typically go through several tubes of grease a month.

My problem with it is for fittings in tight spaces. I've always needed two grease guns, one with a hose and one with a rigid tube and small diameter coupler to get to get onto a couple of fittings in tight spaces so it still works out the same.

I can remember doing the bulk grease fill as well. What a mess in the days before nitrile gloves! I have several little "vignettes" in my head of my grandpa teaching me things in the garage. I can distinctly remember him showing me how to check that the seal wasn't flipped on the plunger to load from the bulk grease and me not being strong enough to pull the plunger back. He rebuilt brakes on rail car trucks and his hands and arms were like vises. He could load the gun like it was a toy, but 8 or 9 year old me struggled.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Site Sponsor Gold Country Livin''s Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    First--the standard disclaimer that I have no financial interest in this gadget or any interest whatsoever with anyone even remotely connected to it. This endorsement is from first-hand experience with trying to use a grease gun without the device (usually a disaster) and then using the gun with this device (worked perfect--yea!).

The gadget is the LockNLube. It screws on to the end of the grease gun (replacing the standard fitting). Four "fingers" extend out and grab the zerk fitting and they hold on while pumping in grease. I actually enjoyed greasing my Blue Ox and lawn tractor last night! Today I'm going to pick up some Mobil1 grease and tackle the suspension on my trailer.

Worth every penny, if you are grease gun-challenged like me.

https://www.amazon.com/LockNLube-fit.../dp/B00H7LPKKU

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LockNLube.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	82.2 KB 
ID:	15112
    Hi all, This is just a short response from Howson's thread last year that was started. I see that we have many new members and they might be interested in this maintenance product. I bought it last year and finally got to use it today. I was having a huge problem getting suspension to take grease in some areas but did not have the improper turned wet bolt situation. I was finally able to get a level concrete area to lift the upper jacks and take weight off suspension safely. (I did it with truck hooked up to hitch). What a difference and improvement in getting grease to the suspension zerks plus zero waste. At $30, it has been called pricey but based on what I have spent on this rig to date, no big deal. After hooking up and jacking, maybe 10 minutes of greasing........most of that time trying to get up off the floor once I was down......
    2016 GMC 2500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
    2017 Reflection 303 RLS #13156 3/2017
    B & W turnover ball with Andersen Ultimate
    Disc Brakes
    TireTraker TT-505 tpms

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a great product. I had a few that wouldn't take and with this try take it easy.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast