Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Solitude 385GK

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Take a look at the new 380, it has a very nice roomy bathroom with plenty of storage and room for washer and dryer too. If we were to go 40 ft or more the 380 floor plan would be on the top of my list. GD is always doing little changes but new models only seem to come out once a year
    Yeah, I love that floor plan..2 things that I am not fond of...the length and the CCC is barely 2K..nice floor plan though

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by z71Silverado View Post
    Yeah, I love that floor plan..2 things that I am not fond of...the length and the CCC is barely 2K..nice floor plan though
    Unfortunately that has been the case with several Solitude floor plans, they offer a ton of storage space inside and the basement on the trailers over 38 ft but don't back the space up with 8k axles, less than 2000 lbs on a 41ft trailer is pathetic...rant over

That's why the S Class has caught our attention, without the hydrolics and heavier windows the 3350 comes in with CC of 4500 lbs or so. the 2930 around 3000 or so.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Unfortunately that has been the case with several Solitude floor plans, they offer a ton of storage space inside and the basement on the trailers over 38 ft but don't back the space up with 8k axles, less than 2000 lbs on a 41ft trailer is pathetic...rant over

That's why the S Class has caught our attention, without the hydrolics and heavier windows the 3350 comes in with CC of 4500 lbs or so. the 2930 around 3000 or so.
    yes, I know the 3350 RL has caught my eye...b/c of the CCC 4500. That is probably the unit we will go with...just not fond of the electric level up system and a fifth wheel pin that is not cushoined.
    the length is also great...if you remember I was not fond to the addtional cabinets that you would like to see added..b/c we love all the natural light in the 3350 rl.

The price is right though. That leaves me room to add IS and disc brakes...and eventually Solar..

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was told at RV show that it's not as simple as upgrading the axles or adding an axle that what limits the GVWR is the frame. The Frame they use on most of the Solitude is limited to 16,800 GVWR by LCI except for the 310 and 374. I was told the 374 uses the same frame as the toy haulers.

I have no clue if the guy I was talking knew what talking about since I have tried to verify that several times without any luck.
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CWSWine View Post
    I was told at RV show that it's not as simple as upgrading the axles or adding an axle that what limits the GVWR is the frame. The Frame they use on most of the Solitude is limited to 16,800 GVWR by LCI except for the 310 and 374. I was told the 374 uses the same frame as the toy haulers.

I have no clue if the guy I was talking knew what talking about since I have tried to verify that several times without any luck.
    With the S-class 3350 RL I am not looking to increase the GVWR ...the existingGVWR is fine. the CCC is fine.. My point was that with the price of an s-class It would be easier to afford the new suspension and I am going back with 7K suspension. My plan is to add the Moryde IS system and disc brakes for better ride and hopefully prolong the life of my investment by casuing less road vibration from the axles. The disc brakes are planned for safety..

Let us know when and what you do find out...
    Rick

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All I was saying is I was told that the frame on most (exception 310 and 374) of the Solitude is rated for 16,800 so GD replacing axles or add axles won't change that. It would require GD to do a frame upgrade along with the axles upgrade to increase the CC on most of the Solitude. Yes, the S-Class are lighter and do have more CC.

What I don't know if that good information or not since I can't verify it.

Quote Originally Posted by z71Silverado View Post
    With the S-class 3350 RL I am not looking to increase the GVWR ...the existingGVWR is fine. the CCC is fine.. My point was that with the price of an s-class It would be easier to afford the new suspension and I am going back with 7K suspension. My plan is to add the Moryde IS system and disc brakes for better ride and hopefully prolong the life of my investment by casuing less road vibration from the axles. The disc brakes are planned for safety..

Let us know when and what you do find out...
    Rick
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CWSWine View Post
    All I was saying is I was told that the frame on most (exception 310 and 374) of the Solitude is rated for 16,800 so GD replacing axles or add axles won't change that. It would require GD to do a frame upgrade along with the axles upgrade to increase the CC on most of the Solitude. Yes, the S-Class are lighter and do have more CC.

What I don't know if that good information or not since I can't verify it.
    makes sense to me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12