User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=FR8TFLYER;209638]Looks like best price is on Amazon, $329. Anyone find a better deal?[/QUOTE
    Just received my EMS-PT50x today for 336.50 delivered from Amazon.
    Bob and Betty
    Lilly, our Old English Sheepdog
    Penny, our Shitz Tzu/Maltese mix
    New Owners 2019 Imagine 2800BH
    2018 F150 CREW 5.0 V8

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FR8TFLYER View Post
    Looks like best price is on Amazon, $329. Anyone find a better deal?
    Tweetys.com $299.80, free shipping, no tax https://tweetys.com/electrical-manag...rdwire-50.aspx
    Last edited by Jerryr; 01-13-2019 at 08:50 PM.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    EMS (electrical management system) is a much more accurate term - they are SO much more than surge suppressors. Our hard-wired 50-amp Progressive Industries unit has saved us from thousands of dollars of appliance damage from spikes (lightening related), brown-outs, bad grounds, and other issues. Don't leave home without one!

Rob
    Rob, I have red many of your replies and always find them well stated and informative. I noticed this morning that you have a 310GK. Could you tell me where the surge protector is located and do you have a remote with the unit? If you have a remote, where did you place it and was it hard to get the controlling wire to that location? Thanks

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KALockhart View Post
    Rob, I have red many of your replies and always find them well stated and informative. I noticed this morning that you have a 310GK. Could you tell me where the surge protector is located and do you have a remote with the unit? If you have a remote, where did you place it and was it hard to get the controlling wire to that location? Thanks
    I installed the Progressive Industries EMS-HW50C (they do much more than just surge protection, BTW) near the converter/charger behind the basement wall. It's a good place to remove the 6-3 from the back of the main power panel, insert the EMS, and run another pigtail of 6-3 from the EMS to the back of the main power panel. I ran the cable for the remote readout with the pigtail to the panel, drilled a small hole, and mounted the readout above the main power panel behind the cabinet door. The process is simple - I can't say those positions are terribly kind to a not-so-good ageing lumbar spine.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an external EMS and my question is regarding using it with a generator. Should I plug in my 50A protector into the 30A outlet on the generator (using the appropriate adapter)? Thanks!
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234