User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Television Reception - Like none...

We bought our 303RLS last year (2017) and have had it out 6-8 times. I gave up on trying to use the TV after trip one. I have had it parked in my driveway before leaving for a trip and tried to see if I could pick up a channel or two (we are 15 miles from Cleveland, Ohio) and nothing. Anyone have any advice here. I would love to try to pick up some college football on a weekend trip. I only have basic cable at home -- none of these Direct TV thingys. Just looking to pull in a few channels via the antenna.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First question in troubleshooting this is is your amplifier (the little green light on the coax connection plate) turned on?

Number two would be have you done a scan of the TV? and is your TV set to antenna?

These are just the basics.
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a signal booster for OTA television that needs to be turned on. I'm not sure where it is located in the 303RLS. In my 337RLS, it is in the bedroom by the hookup for the tv. Otherwise, try looking for loose connections in the cables for the tv. Start behind the rear wall in the pass through and tighten every cable connection you see.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy+Mo View Post
    We bought our 303RLS last year (2017) and have had it out 6-8 times. I gave up on trying to use the TV after trip one. I have had it parked in my driveway before leaving for a trip and tried to see if I could pick up a channel or two (we are 15 miles from Cleveland, Ohio) and nothing. Anyone have any advice here. I would love to try to pick up some college football on a weekend trip. I only have basic cable at home -- none of these Direct TV thingys. Just looking to pull in a few channels via the antenna.
    There area number of possibilities posted over the years but the most common items needing attention have been:

1. Is that little red power booster button depressed so the button lights up red in the bedroom ceiling coax cable connection.
    2. Are the coax cables connected (and tight) to the TV and to the TV connection on the RV.
    3. If main living area TV, it is possible that the coaxial connection is loose or not connected at the coax connection hookup behind the wall. A little more challenging to determine but taking out the radio (usually just 4 screws after removing face plate) leaves a good size opening to see behind the panel.
    4. Is the TV set to the "antenna" setting rather than to cable, satellite, etc.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Dan - this is helpful, and logical! I will need to run through the list. We do not have a TV in the bedroom. I think I heard something about a power booster but not sure ours comes equipped with that device. I will have to run through the rest of the list when I get into the camper this weekend. Do you have a booster? Andy

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Dan - this is helpful, and logical! I will need to run through the list. We do not have a TV in the bedroom. I think I heard something about a power booster but not sure ours comes equipped with that device. I will have to run through the rest of the list when I get into the camper this weekend. Do you have a booster? Andy
    They all have the booster...
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, I did run the scan and set the TV to Antenna. If at first you don't succeed...will have to try again once I check all cables etc...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where would I find that?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, in the BR on the ceiling and as Steve (hntr70) shared they all do but some in different locations.

If you need a picture of ours, let me know and I will go take one and post it.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would be helpful Dan -- when convenient though...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast