Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No signal meter on King Jack antenna

We are still playing with all the gadgets in our new 29rs and I was surprised to find that the King Jack antenna does not have a built in signal meter like the one in our old trailer did. It seems real hit and miss to try and aim the antenna, then do a channel search, then test the reception, then start over again because you don't get any/enough channels. Has anyone found an add on signal meter to use so it makes a channel search easier?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    King makes an add-on signal meter, but it points at the strongest signals rather than the ones you want to watch. There are a number of websites like antennaweb.org that will give you the direction and distance to specific transmitters. In most cases, though, I just point my OTA antenna toward where I think the antennas should be, do a scan and find one of the networks and fine tune the antenna direction from there. Seems like more often than not the networks all transmit from the same general area.
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTX View Post
    King makes an add-on signal meter
    . Here is a link to it on Amazon. I use it and it works well.

https://smile.amazon.com/KING-SL1000...g+signal+meter

I screw it into the TV outlet in the bedroom, turn on the signal booster on the wall plate and rotate the antenna until I have a strong signal. The I remove the meter, and do a channel scan. But John makes a good point when he says to verify if those are the channels you really want.

Jim