User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dog Dirt

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I carry my full bag and appreciate it when others do also. Of course it's easy for me. Kota weighs 6.5 pounds, ergo, little poops. I use recycled zip lock sandwich bags, I can fill, zip, and stuff them in my pockets. Although DW gets really angry with me if I forget to take them out and she finds them in the laundry. It's a good thing the zip lock are tough and don't open.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post
    I carry my full bag and appreciate it when others do also. Of course it's easy for me. Kota weighs 6.5 pounds, ergo, little poops. I use recycled zip lock sandwich bags, I can fill, zip, and stuff them in my pockets. Although DW gets really angry with me if I forget to take them out and she finds them in the laundry. It's a good thing the zip lock are tough and don't open.
    Wow Dallas - Ginnie gets fired up with me if I leave a tissue in my pocket. I can only imagine the wrath I'd encounter if she found one of these little gems.

Jim

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have had problems in our neighborhood, and obviously from large dogs.

Our neighbors have a Neapolitan Mastiff and unfortunately only pick up their backyard about once a month — that gets nasty when it’s really hot out.

Molly usually provides us a good pound o poo on a walk, and Dave faithfully carries it home. So, camper story...it seemed to me that our closet stunk so I suspected poo on a shoe. Nope! It was in a jacket pocket.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kay & Dave - Virginia Beach, VA
    Golden Retriever Molly - Been swimming in 28 states
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2019 GMC Denali CC/LB SRW
    Previous rig: 2014 Reflection 303RLS #314 and 2008 Silverado 2500 D/A

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2hams View Post
    ...it seemed to me that our closet stunk so I suspected poo on a shoe. Nope! It was in a jacket pocket.
    Yea, the price we pay for doing the right thing at our age.
    Dallas

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post
    Nobody likes dog poop, not even dogs.

We have traveled to places where dogs are not longer allowed, something about protecting the water shed.

Here's one I don't get at all; Dog poop bags are provided at the trail head, so a person takes a bag, when the dog poops they pick up the poop in the bag, then tie it off and drop it on the trail and leave it.
    I live in Communist California, in the San Francisco Bay area. You would think all the tolerant people out here and all the environmentalist wackos out here would be picking it up and hauling it away. But that's not the case. On the few trails that still allow dogs on them, they do the same thing. They pick it up in the plastic bag and then toss the bag in the bushes. It would be better just to pick up the poop and toss the poop off the trail. The poop will compost Within weeks. But the plastic bag will take several months.
    The other thing I do not get is there are more horse trails than dog trials on the peninsula. Yet you never see anybody picking up after their horse. Personally I would rather clean a little poop off my tennis shoes from a dog, then step in a pile a horse leaves and have it go all the way up to my ankle. Yes I have owned horses in the past and I speak from personal experience.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve7 View Post
    Dallas, I agree with you and have observed the same thing, sometimes seeing the same bag a day or two later. I will often pick it up and dump it myself. But I may also be an offender. If my dogs do their duty early in the walk, and I know I’ll be turning around on this particular trail, I will sometimes bag it, drop it off to the side, and pick it up on the way back. Am I bad...?
    The person that sees you leave it thinks you're bad, but the person that sees you pick it up on the way back give you double kudos.
    So your slightly ahead.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    The person that sees you leave it thinks you're bad, but the person that sees you pick it up on the way back give you double kudos.
    So your slightly ahead.

Lol!

We just returned from our normal trail walk. I picked up an extra bag on the trail. As long as I’m ahead in numbers I think I’ll feel okay about myself.
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve7 View Post
    Lol!

We just returned from our normal trail walk. I picked up an extra bag on the trail. As long as I’m ahead in numbers I think I’ll feel okay about myself.
    Now that's an interesting deposit in the Karma bank.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    The other thing I do not get is there are more horse trails than dog trials on the peninsula. Yet you never see anybody picking up after their horse. Personally I would rather clean a little poop off my tennis shoes from a dog, then step in a pile a horse leaves and have it go all the way up to my ankle. Yes I have owned horses in the past and I speak from personal experience.
    I grew up in ranch country, you learn early on in life to watch were you step. I'll take horse poop any day over dog poop, easier to clean. Ok, I'll even take cow patties and sheep droppings over dog poop. But I will take dog poop over bear poop. Bear poop is really too close to human poop. Human poop is the worst. When doing volunteer work and cleaning bathrooms at campground we called people that would poop in the showers or be unable to poop in a toilet Monkeys, a play on words for the habit of Monkeys taking a hand full of poop and throwing it.

You might say I am a poopoligist. Ok, lets not.

In reality I think their is a particular type of bacteria in dog and human poop (other species as well) that tends to contaminate water sources long after the event. Just something we all need to be responsible about.
    Dallas

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am only replying to this thread to let people know how easy this is.
    we keep tied to our 2 dog leashes a container that holds dodo bags
    we put the hand in the bag, grab the poop and pull the bag over the item, never touching the easy disposable waste from fido.
    I then put it in a bag form the grocery store and wait till the second K9 decides it is time.
    on the way back to the 5er we usually pass a park disposal depository station, you know a dumpster and by the time we are at camp, smell free.
    I think those who do not do such are pigs. sorry but it is a very easy task no matter what size dog, before beatrice passed she was 85 pounds, greatest boxer ever, and I would gladly clean up after her again for a few more days with that dog.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast