Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reflection 320MKS Fridge not running

First real trip out with the 2019 320 MKS. 5 days. All fine until we arrived home and discovered the fridge stopped (320 miles back I suppose) and the frozen's had thawed out. Propane was on. This is the double door side-by-side Dometic RM1350. Plugged into shore power and the fridge is not running. Toggled the On/OFF switch, mode set to Auto. The light is on in the fridge but the compressors are silent. Breaker in not tripped, i cycled it off and back on. Nothing. I have the manual but only in French. Troubleshooting tips? I have a multi-meter and know electronics as well as electrical stuff moderate well. Just hate to find out it is just me being dumb before I dive in.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no compressor as this is an absorption fridge. If you open the bottom hatch outside when not plugged into shore power but battery is charged you should hear a small flame. The igniter should click until the flame lights. If the igniter does not click and you have battery power (lights on and battery panel show charge) then there is something else wrong. Are you out of propane? Do the burners on your stove work? If you are out of propane and the burners don't work that would explain the issue. Even plugged into shore power it will take 4 or 5 hours to cool back down.

If all else fails it is under warranty so I would not start digging into electronics and such and void your warranty.

Rob

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, You can go to Dometic web site and get the service manual. It shows how to check for problems and also how to operate etc. My guess you should of had some sort of code showing on the display screen giving you an idea what might be wrong. We had issues with our rm1350 refrigerator and a code displayed helping find the cause. Good Luck
    2018 Reflection 337RL / 2022 GMC Denali 3500HD CC LB Diesel

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we had/have a similar problem. Took delivery in August 2018 and aren't sure it ever worked on AC setting. Went thru both 30lb propane tanks with using furnace maybe for a total of 5 hours and stove 4-5 times. Brought trailer to S FL in early December, then drove back to KY for Christmas with grandkids. Returned on 1/13 to find all food in friq/freezer spoiled and stinking to high heaven. Propane tanks totally empty, so my guess is whenever it worked it was on gas - i should have noticed on the display i guess since there is a dot telling you it is operating on propane. I know that now. Called G.D. first thing on the 14th, and left a message describing problem. That was after talking to dealer in S IN. After 2 hours of no return call from G.D. service, I called a local service company here in Stuart area. They were prompt and efficient, finding defective electric heating element in 15 minutes. Replacement is on order. Still no word for G.D. will try calling again, this time asking for them to pay my service call fee. Frig parts/labor is covered by Dometic warranty.
    Any advise from longer term G.D. owners would be appreciated. So far disappointed in their handling of this and a previous still unfixed problem.
    Thanks!
    Eric and Carolyn
    Louisville KY
    2015 Ford F350
    2019 Reflection 320MKS