User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Marcy & Gary. Right now I'm somewhat "stuck" in the Vegas area so keeping my primary care provider is fairly easy. I'm planning on enjoying life and freedom on the road within the next couple of months. I think I'll schedule my appointments as close together as possible. I'm going to look into having my meds sent to RV sites I plan on staying at. I appreciate the information. It was very helpful.

Bonnie

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a disabled Vet with a 100% rating so all my heathcare is through the VA and Veterans choice. I think that I'm going to have to schedule my appointments as close together as possible. Fortunately, or not, most of my appointments are recurring every 3 or 6 months which should make it a little easier. It looks as though it may be to my advantage to plan ahead and have my scripts sent to an RV park that I stay at.

Thank you for the suggestions.

Bonnie

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you. Let's just say healthcare through the VA can be interesting. It took the VA to send me to five different neurosurgeons to finally find someone willing to do back surgery on me. The doctors they kept sending me to had an average rating of 2 1/2 star reviews. One actually had open malpractice suits against him! I finally insisted that I pick the doctor I wanted to see after doing research on the ones that participated in Veterans Choice. I have to look at it as the VA has a sick sense of humor that needs to be taken in stride. LOL

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mirawood View Post
    Thank you Marcy & Gary. Right now I'm somewhat "stuck" in the Vegas area so keeping my primary care provider is fairly easy. I'm planning on enjoying life and freedom on the road within the next couple of months. I think I'll schedule my appointments as close together as possible. I'm going to look into having my meds sent to RV sites I plan on staying at. I appreciate the information. It was very helpful.

Bonnie
    Bonnie,

I you hit "Reply With Quote" at the lower right (next to "Reply"), the person to whom you are replying/responding will receive a notice and know that you are interacting with them.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mirawood View Post
    Thank you. Let's just say healthcare through the VA can be interesting. It took the VA to send me to five different neurosurgeons to finally find someone willing to do back surgery on me. The doctors they kept sending me to had an average rating of 2 1/2 star reviews. One actually had open malpractice suits against him! I finally insisted that I pick the doctor I wanted to see after doing research on the ones that participated in Veterans Choice. I have to look at it as the VA has a sick sense of humor that needs to be taken in stride. LOL
    Bonnie, Life with VA healthcare is a challenge at times.

It might benefit you to know about a little known program called "Fee Basis", it pays for non VA approved Drs by getting them pre approved for payment. It takes planning in advance and applying for it , but so worth it if you have a Dr or surgeon you trust but not in the system. If the dr is worth his dirt they'll accept the VA payment and not bill you ( it's written that they can't bill a 100% Disabed vet) We still clarify that with the Dr. and his billing people. We used it in the past for Cardiology procedures until that Dr moved out of state.

There is also a new program we just learned about involving the ability to pick up scripts at VA med centers throughout the country without being registered. We aren't very familiar with it yet but it seems that each med center has to join the program and not many are participating yet. IF it get accepted by most VA med centers it could make getting scripts on the road so much easier. Still need to research it more and can't recall what they called it
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My VAMC told me they will mail refills on prescriptions to me, they have my address where I will be for the winter and said since they mail all refills anywhay it doesn't matter where they send them.

This is my first year trying this so I hope it works as smoothly as I have been told.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get 90 day supply from Express Scripts and was going to be gone when the next order was shipped. I spent two hours on Express Script website and on the phone trying to figure out what to do. Call Walmart and my prescriptions i take are on the 30day $5.00 list so just had my doctor right prescription for me and just pay the 5 bucks. I know that always the case and some drugs cost a bunch of bucks like my brother inlaws cancer medician at $15,000 per month.
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Bonnie,

I you hit "Reply With Quote" at the lower right (next to "Reply"), the person to whom you are replying/responding will receive a notice and know that you are interacting with them.

Rob
    Thank you Rob. As you can tell, I'm very new at this.
    Bonnie

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CWSWine View Post
    I get 90 day supply from Express Scripts and was going to be gone when the next order was shipped. I spent two hours on Express Script website and on the phone trying to figure out what to do. Call Walmart and my prescriptions i take are on the 30day $5.00 list so just had my doctor right prescription for me and just pay the 5 bucks. I know that always the case and some drugs cost a bunch of bucks like my brother inlaws cancer medician at $15,000 per month.
    I would be amazed if that written script was from a Dr in a VA med center, we asked for a written script once and the Dr looked at us like we were from outer space. They can't / won't write a script for outside pharmacys . The only written script we can get copy of is eye glasses
    Marcy & Gary
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DougW9876 View Post
    My VAMC told me they will mail refills on prescriptions to me, they have my address where I will be for the winter and said since they mail all refills anywhay it doesn't matter where they send them.

This is my first year trying this so I hope it works as smoothly as I have been told.
    You should be getting meds. That seemed to be one thing the VA got right , the temporary change of address on line works as good as changing it at the mediacl center. They even got the start /stop dates right!
    Marcy & Gary
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12