User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve&Mary View Post
    I to wished that we had seen this sooner and that they had more spots available. Maybe next year there could be two rallies one in the spring and one in the fall to accommodate more folks. Just a thought! Y'all enjoy!!
    Help me out here you old Rally fans. All I can see on the GD Rally web page is the Texas Rally and when I click on it that link just gives me dates and Link to KOA to make site reservations. And link says you have to call KOA. Can you go to these rallies without camping? Where do you find the schedule of events for the Rally? ty
    Gary and Cindy
    Cibolo, Tx.
    2019 Grand Design Solitude 310GK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasUmpire View Post
    Can’t believe I’ve missed this. As a new GD owner what’s the best way to find these. Looked at GD site for rallies and it only talked about IN rally. Finally did a search for GD rallies in Texas and found it. Can’t find a thing about if you can attend without camping. Who is in charge of the rally for information. Only link is KOA for camping reservations. Ty
    The way that I found out about the rally was on the Facebook Grand Design RV Owners site. Clicked on the "Events" tab and found the Texas rally. Was lucky enough to get a site reserved and will be having Performance Braking disc brakes installed while there. I think that I saw a post on that site that they were looking to have the next rally at a larger park to accommodate more rigs. Since we used to live in the Universal City/San Antonio area, I don't look forward to driving on that section of IH35 pulling the Solitude.
    Ed & Charlotte W.
    2018 Solitude 310GK-R
    2017 Chevy 3500HD 2wd DRW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ucwinters View Post
    The way that I found out about the rally was on the Facebook Grand Design RV Owners site. Clicked on the "Events" tab and found the Texas rally. Was lucky enough to get a site reserved and will be having Performance Braking disc brakes installed while there. I think that I saw a post on that site that they were looking to have the next rally at a larger park to accommodate more rigs. Since we used to live in the Universal City/San Antonio area, I don't look forward to driving on that section of IH35 pulling the Solitude.
    You can avoid most of I35 if you take I10 downtown and back up I35 to ATT Parkway, but I35 via I10 and 1604 is not that bad. Did you get any information about the rally, like agenda, can you attend without camping?
    Gary and Cindy
    Cibolo, Tx.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Did you get any information about the rally, like agenda, can you attend without camping?
    The coordinator for the event is Terry Coffman. He sent out an agenda via e-mail. You might be able to contact him for a copy and to ask about non-camping attendance.

His email address is [email protected]

Jim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can avoid most of I35 if you take I10 downtown and back up I35 to ATT Parkway, but I35 via I10 and 1604 is not that bad. Did you get any information about the rally, like agenda, can you attend without camping?
    We'll be camping the 3 days before the rally at Cranes Mill COE Park at Canyon Lake, so will take hwy 46 down to New Braunfels and get on IH35 to get to the KOA. Of course this means dealing w/ the traffic delays that start around hwy 3009, loop 1604 at the Forum shopping center, etc. Glad that we're now living in Kerrville since retirement where a "traffic delay" usually means a 2 minute wait at an intersection.
    Ed & Charlotte W.
    2018 Solitude 310GK-R
    2017 Chevy 3500HD 2wd DRW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    The coordinator for the event is Terry Coffman. He sent out an agenda via e-mail. You might be able to contact him for a copy and to ask about non-camping attendance.

Jim
    Thanks, I’ve emailed him. Would have been nice to have seen this in GD Rally site.
    Gary and Cindy
    Cibolo, Tx.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I 35 is a piece of cake if you just close your eyes like everyone else does. What a zoo.

FWIW, 1604 across the northside is often a parking lot even in the middle of the day. I have better luck getting across town from I10 using 410 or go downtown and hit I35 north as you suggested.
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTX View Post
    I 35 is a piece of cake if you just close your eyes like everyone else does. What a zoo.

FWIW, 1604 across the northside is often a parking lot even in the middle of the day. I have better luck getting across town from I10 using 410 or go downtown and hit I35 north as you suggested.
    I live off of I35 and 3009. Worked down town and made that I35 drive every day. When I started there in 1988 the drive was about 25 minutes door to door. When I retired 8 years ago it was about 45. Return home was about 50-60 minutes. Don't even want to think about it now.
    Gary and Cindy
    Cibolo, Tx.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I’ve emailed him. Would have been nice to have seen this in GD Rally site.
    I agree about seeing the info about the rally on this website since I don't do Facebook.
    2018 Momentum 397TH
    2017 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn Mega Cab 4x4 DRW 6.7L Cummins Diesel 3.73 AISIN
    B&W Companion

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post

Jim
    No response from Terry Coffman, from email sent two days ago. Can any verify this was his correct email address? ty
    Gary and Cindy
    Cibolo, Tx.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast