User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone attending the TX Rally in October?

I am a new owner and was curious about The Grand Design Rally in Texas posted on their website. Anyone else going or has attended in the past that can give me a heads up on how these Rally's work?

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We'll be attending. Unfortunately, the rally is completely booked up, and has been for a couple of months. The rallys usually include guest speakers, vendors, repair technicians for minor repairs, catered meals, pot-lucks, and meeting lots of new friends with similar interests to your own.

Edit: And some people even indulge in adult beverages around a campfire in the evening.

Jim

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you! When I went on the Grand Design website it showed it was still open. Bummer! We live in Katy and this was going to be one of our maiden voyages, since we wanted to stick close to home until we got our feet wet. We pick up our unit in the next couple of weeks.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum.

Don't know if you have younger kids, but we took our shake down cruise from Austin to Kerrville and stayed at Jellystone RV Park. A little more expensive than others but lots to do for the kids. Big Wal Mart, HEB, & Lowe's to purchase all of those "we forgot" items.
    Les and Sharon Bevil
    Austin, Tx

Reflection 311BHS purchased March 2017
    Jayco 32BHDS sold March 2017
    2012 Chevrolet 2500HD 6.6 Diesel (until May 2018)
    2015 Chevrolet 3500HD 6.6 Diesel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought our 303 in Katy and did the shack down at Stephen Austin State Park. We picked up a few odds and ends at the Walmart in Sealy to help organize our 303. Our daughter and her family live in Sugar Land so the grand daughter got to help us break it in. Good luck with you new unit.
    2012 GMC 2500HD CC 4X4 Duramax
    2016 GD Reflection 303RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just spent a few days in Fredericksburg and saw the Jellystone there. I have a 15 year old and I don't think he would get into it. lol Thanks for the recommendations. I love that area of Texas for sure.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this will probably be our first shake down trip as well (SFA state park). Its about 30 minutes from our home and really easy to get in to. Plus we can have family and friends come spend the day with us. Our plan is to go on month long trips so this first one will be pretty important. Looking forward to getting on the road and meeting all my new RV friends.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Texas is a BIG state. Hopefully, the next rally in Texas will have more than 100 measly sites.
    Jeff and Mary
    2017 2600RB
    2022 F250 Lariat CC 6.7 w/ Max Tow
    Round Rock, (Donut Capital of Texas) <><

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can’t believe I’ve missed this. As a new GD owner what’s the best way to find these. Looked at GD site for rallies and it only talked about IN rally. Finally did a search for GD rallies in Texas and found it. Can’t find a thing about if you can attend without camping. Who is in charge of the rally for information. Only link is KOA for camping reservations. Ty
    Gary and Cindy
    Cibolo, Tx.
    2019 Grand Design Solitude 310GK

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasUmpire View Post
    Can’t believe I’ve missed this. As a new GD owner what’s the best way to find these. Looked at GD site for rallies and it only talked about IN rally. Finally did a search for GD rallies in Texas and found it. Can’t find a thing about if you can attend without camping. Who is in charge of the rally for information. Only link is KOA for camping reservations. Ty
    I to wished that we had seen this sooner and that they had more spots available. Maybe next year there could be two rallies one in the spring and one in the fall to accommodate more folks. Just a thought! Y'all enjoy!!
    2018 Momentum 397TH
    2017 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn Mega Cab 4x4 DRW 6.7L Cummins Diesel 3.73 AISIN
    B&W Companion

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast