User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Samsung Refrigerator on-off switch/ice make on-off switch.

My wife & I have a new 2019 Solitude 310 GK-R. The Samsung refrigerator does not have an on-off switch, neither does the ice maker - at least I cannot find them! How do I turn the ice maker on and off? How do I turn the refrigerator on & off? We had to turn off the ice maker on our last RV when we were traveling, or it would damage itself and require replacement. Samsung REFUSED to warranty the replacement because we left the ice maker on while traveling causing "movement vibration" to damage it according to their warranty tech. We do not want to have the same experience.
    Thanks
    Winston M

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On my 2018 there is a button to turn off Ice maker on top when you open the left frig door.
    As far as turning the frig off you need to either unplug it or turn off the breaker.
    Allen & Denise
    Ford F350 Lariat CC SRW SB 4x4 Diesel
    2018 Solitude 310GK R

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum Winston M. Hopefully Allen's response will answer your questions.

Jim

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On our 2016 there was two button that you press at the same time that turned off the fridge or while you are traveling just turn off your inverter will do the same thing as unplugging it.

Added - If I remember right it was the button on the far right and the third button from the right push at the same time shut down the fridge.
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If its the same one they have been using for awhile then there is an ice off switch on the left of the digital display. If you press both the power freeze and freezer buttons at the SAME time and hold them for a few seconds the digital display will change to OF. This turns off the cooling unit only (basically for store display mode). The lights and the annoying warning ding will still work if you want to block the doors open for ventilation. Turn off the inverter for a complete shutdown,
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston M View Post
    My wife & I have a new 2019 Solitude 310 GK-R. The Samsung refrigerator does not have an on-off switch, neither does the ice maker - at least I cannot find them! How do I turn the ice maker on and off? How do I turn the refrigerator on & off? We had to turn off the ice maker on our last RV when we were traveling, or it would damage itself and require replacement. Samsung REFUSED to warranty the replacement because we left the ice maker on while traveling causing "movement vibration" to damage it according to their warranty tech. We do not want to have the same experience.
    Thanks
    Winston M
    On my 2018 Solitude 373 rb-r the switch for the ice maker is in the compartment were you connect the water.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk