User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How are you securing Blackstone griddle in outdoor kitchen?

I just picked up the Walmart package deal on a 22” Blackstone griddle. For travel, it fits nicely between the fridge and sink, on the counter, in our outdoor kitchen. It has rubber feet, and is pretty heavy, but still see,s like I may want to secure it somehow for travel?

Trying to drill as few holes as possible into the new camper, but will if I have to for a ratcheting strap or something.

Has anyone done this? If so, how? Pics would be awesome.
    Mike & Maggie
    Paige, Molly, Delaney & Bridget (yes, 4 daughters)
    Chocolate Lab - Seamus
    2019 312BHTS Reflection TT
    2017 F-250 Lariat SCREW Gasser 6.2L, SRW, shortbed
    14k Equal-I-Zer Hitch

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi Mike - I ran into this same dilemma when I removed the outside television and started storing tools in the area. How do you secure it without tons of holes and such? I wound up taking some light weight metal bars and bending them to the shape of the tool box. Then I put a couple of screws in place under the tool box to keep the bars in place. The bars keep the tool box from sliding. This minimizes the holes, and I can remove and replace the tool box with ease. My first thought was a ratchet strap, but that would have been cumbersome.

Jim

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    Hi Mike - I ran into this same dilemma when I removed the outside television and started storing tools in the area. How do you secure it without tons of holes and such? I wound up taking some light weight metal bars and bending them to the shape of the tool box. Then I put a couple of screws in place under the tool box to keep the bars in place. The bars keep the tool box from sliding. This minimizes the holes, and I can remove and replace the tool box with ease. My first thought was a ratchet strap, but that would have been cumbersome.

Jim
    TusconJim, thanks for the response. I have thought about building some sort of lightweight frame around it that would hold it in place as well. It’s on my options short list at the moment. BTW, I saw your post about removing the outdoor TV, and it made me chuckle because we have never even had an indoor TV in our camper for the last 11 years, as we camp in part to get the kids away from tv and such. Toolbox is a MUCH better use of that space. We are still on the fence about keeping the indoor one....lol.
    Mike & Maggie
    Paige, Molly, Delaney & Bridget (yes, 4 daughters)
    Chocolate Lab - Seamus
    2019 312BHTS Reflection TT
    2017 F-250 Lariat SCREW Gasser 6.2L, SRW, shortbed
    14k Equal-I-Zer Hitch