User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It can only measure total. To get an accurate alternator reading, just turn off the solar while underway.

Jim

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post

BTW, they had a $50 discount on the batteries at the rally if you bought one battery, and $100 each if you purchased two or more. I bought one more battery, but was able to finagle the $100 savings since I'm already an owner. Now, I'll have 300 ah in my bank. Oh... Don't tell the Mrs. But I also bought the new fangled Victron 712 monitor that allows me to monitor the battery bank via blue tooth and a smart phone app.

Jim

Jim, I just changed out my 4 6v costco golf cart batteries to two Renogy LIFEPO4 170ah 12v batteries. I also installed an EMS on the incoming side of my ATS to protect my rig from a bad pedestal. Also install a Go Power 2000W 50a passthrough inverter charger and a Victorn 712 battery monitor.

I do have a couple of questions. On your Victorn 712, what did you put in for your settings?
    The GO Power inverter charger has a programmable charger. I know that RFenogy says that the charge amps is <50a, and this charger can do 100a. I have already reduced the charging amps to 50. But I am curious to what I should set the custom charge to. What would you recommend for this charge program?

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsmaster View Post
    Jim, I just changed out my 4 6v costco golf cart batteries to two Renogy LIFEPO4 170ah 12v batteries. I also installed an EMS on the incoming side of my ATS to protect my rig from a bad pedestal. Also install a Go Power 2000W 50a passthrough inverter charger and a Victorn 712 battery monitor.

I do have a couple of questions. On your Victorn 712, what did you put in for your settings?
    The GO Power inverter charger has a programmable charger. I know that RFenogy says that the charge amps is <50a, and this charger can do 100a. I have already reduced the charging amps to 50. But I am curious to what I should set the custom charge to. What would you recommend for this charge program?
    I called Battle Born this morning to get the correct settings for the 712.

Battery Capacity - 300Ah - You should use 340Ah if you can discharge to 0%
    Charged Voltage - 14.4V
    Tail Current - 4%
    Charged Detection Time - 3m
    Peukert exponent - 1.05
    Charge efficiency factor 99%
    Current threshold - 0.10A
    Time-to-go averaging period - 3m

Jim

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)