Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Learnings from our first Long trip

We have been doing short trips(>100 miles) while we get used to our new 337RLS. We decided last week to venture out 320miles from Dallas to Hot Springs and stayed at Catherine's Landing which was really nice. We had rain the first three days but it didn't dampen the adventure. We even met a fellow forum member there (Lampton) who has done some nice mods on his 337RLS. No issues traveling there,parking and hooking up. The real adventure started on the way home.
    Learning #1, Slide covers can hold a fair amount of rain water and should be closed and reopened after a hard rain. Luckily I wasn't standing underneath it when we closed the slides.
    We started the drive home and about 70 miles down the road a good Samaritan pulled up next to us to tell us our spare tire was swaying back and forth.
    Learning #2, Check the spare tire before each trip to make sure it is snug. I ended up just taking it off and putting it trailer.
    Off we go again. About 10 more miles in another good Samaritan pulls up next to us to tell us something his hanging from the bottom of our trailer. We ponder this and rationalize that it is the tire hanger hanging down so we keep going without stopping. 5 more miles down the road another person pulls up next to us to tell us something is hanging. This time we say lets stop and check to make sure.
    Learning 3 When someone or multiple people pull up next to you to tell you that have a problem take heed. Upon getting out we discovered that the two bolts holding up the poop hose tube were gone and one end of our poop tube had been dragging for 10miles.(it wasn't hanging when I took off the spare tire) The tube is held up with self tapping screws which had worked there way out. So I took the other end off and threw the tube in the back of the truck for later consideration with the dealer. We probably need a better solution than self tapping screws to hold it up.
    Our only other issue is that we noticed water drip, coming from under the trailer near the two drain tubes. We can't decide if we had a water leak onto the coroplast or did the coroplast collect rainwater. We plan on taking the rig to the dealer to check it out and to make us whole on the inferior installation of the waste hose tube.
    Also when I previewed my post I noticed the picture of my rig is huge. Can't figure out how to make it smaller.
    2018 337RLS
    2018 GMC Denal 3500 SRW short bed
    PUllrite Superglide 2700 16k

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I refer to it as the "new owner shake down".

On one hand.....frustrating. On the other hand....nothing so serious that you can't address it yourself and make the necessary repairs when you land in one place long enough.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete717 View Post
    We have been doing short trips(>100 miles) while we get used to our new 337RLS. We decided last week to venture out 320miles from Dallas to Hot Springs and stayed at Catherine's Landing which was really nice. We had rain the first three days but it didn't dampen the adventure. We even met a fellow forum member there (Lampton) who has done some nice mods on his 337RLS. No issues traveling there,parking and hooking up. The real adventure started on the way home.
    Learning #1, Slide covers can hold a fair amount of rain water and should be closed and reopened after a hard rain. Luckily I wasn't standing underneath it when we closed the slides.
    We started the drive home and about 70 miles down the road a good Samaritan pulled up next to us to tell us our spare tire was swaying back and forth.
    Learning #2, Check the spare tire before each trip to make sure it is snug. I ended up just taking it off and putting it trailer.
    Off we go again. About 10 more miles in another good Samaritan pulls up next to us to tell us something his hanging from the bottom of our trailer. We ponder this and rationalize that it is the tire hanger hanging down so we keep going without stopping. 5 more miles down the road another person pulls up next to us to tell us something is hanging. This time we say lets stop and check to make sure.
    Learning 3 When someone or multiple people pull up next to you to tell you that have a problem take heed. Upon getting out we discovered that the two bolts holding up the poop hose tube were gone and one end of our poop tube had been dragging for 10miles.(it wasn't hanging when I took off the spare tire) The tube is held up with self tapping screws which had worked there way out. So I took the other end off and threw the tube in the back of the truck for later consideration with the dealer. We probably need a better solution than self tapping screws to hold it up.
    Our only other issue is that we noticed water drip, coming from under the trailer near the two drain tubes. We can't decide if we had a water leak onto the coroplast or did the coroplast collect rainwater. We plan on taking the rig to the dealer to check it out and to make us whole on the inferior installation of the waste hose tube.
    Also when I previewed my post I noticed the picture of my rig is huge. Can't figure out how to make it smaller.
    Did the tube come off in the middle or the outside edge? The OEM tube was secured with one screw on the end that is basically under the middle of the trailer--there wasn't a support beam to secure the other side of the tube end. I replaced the entire tube with an adjusting one that reaches across to both sides of the trailer. Holds two lengths of hose, too!
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My husband discovered that the coroplast does collect splashed up water. Solution - he put a couple of holes in the coroplast to facilitate draining. Not saying that's what you should do, that's just what he did.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The tube came off under the middle of the trailer not on the access end
    2018 337RLS
    2018 GMC Denal 3500 SRW short bed
    PUllrite Superglide 2700 16k

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found the same thing with my storage tube, held by one self tapping screw under the trailer. They did put a screw into the coroplast to make it look good I guess. I crafted a secure mount.
    Dismaying that they're still doing that. I'd sure hate to be following a trailer and have its storage tube take a shot at my windshield.