Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winterizing

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winterizing

Question for you gurus, if I want to blow my water lines out w/ air, which setting should I use on the Nautilus planel? Dry camping, city, or winterize?

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Actually, there are very specific instructions for blowing out the lines on your Nautilus system. Several of the valves need to be turned to a 45° angle. See page 118 of the Solitude owner's manual for comprehensive instructions.

Jim

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Winterizing

Basically You just told the OP to Read the manual.

lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bungy View Post
    Question for you gurus, if I want to blow my water lines out w/ air, which setting should I use on the Nautilus planel? Dry camping, city, or winterize?
    I found this video helpful, including the advice to read the instructions in the Nautilus section of the bound manual that came with your trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH4xfcXeccU
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.granddesignrv.com/sites/...Rev%208-16.pdf
    The P1 manual is on GD's site as are the owner manuals for the different lines. Takes you step by step through winterization. You can load it onto your phone.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just remove the caps on the low point of my water system and open all valves in kitchen, bathroom and outside kitchen. Then I drain the hot water heater (after cutting off the electricity) and leave the plug and the pressure/temperature valve open all winter. Never had any problem, as I've never seen air freeze.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    I just remove the caps on the low point of my water system and open all valves in kitchen, bathroom and outside kitchen. Then I drain the hot water heater (after cutting off the electricity) and leave the plug and the pressure/temperature valve open all winter. Never had any problem, as I've never seen air freeze.
    I used to use this method on my previous TT and never had an issue. After removing the coroplast on my 315 to repair a leak (and insulate the plumbing, rewire brakes, straighten out the jumbled wiring, extend low point drains among others) I discovered there are other low points in the plumbing that the LPD's won't drain. I use the antifreeze now. Takes about 20 minutes and 1.5 gals of RV antifreeze. I don't ever want to drop coroplast again!
    Last edited by Chiefblueman; 10-02-2018 at 11:07 AM. Reason: my writing skills suck!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The drain-only method won’t work for a 28BH either.
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    Actually, there are very specific instructions for blowing out the lines on your Nautilus system. Several of the valves need to be turned to a 45° angle. See page 118 of the Solitude owner's manual for comprehensive instructions.

Jim
    OK - I followed the directions but when I connect the air I can hear air escaping behind the panel and the air pump runs continuously.

So I am not really pressurizing the system. Could air be going into the fresh water tank?
    2017 Duramax 2500HD pulling a
    2019 Reflection 297RSTS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don
    On the nautalis panel if you set the valves to winterize, then put air pressure to it , do not exceed 40 psi, this should pressurize the system allowing you to open one fixture at a time to release the air-water. If you have a leak with the valves set in this position you may have had a water leak at some time.

Brian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast