Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem is going to be data usage if you're streaming video. It burns up data at an unbelievable rate. I have a Verizon MiFi with "unlimited" data. Once I hit 15 GB it throttles the speed. Even throttled, it works fine for regular computer usage and Netflix type services. Where I find it lacks is live television through our PlayStation VUE account. It buffers constantly once it throttles the speed. We only get a few days before we hit the 15 GB mark every month.

I've noticed the WiFi getting much better in Arizona RV parks. The last one we stayed at in Springerville just asked us not to stream video during certain hours. I use the MiFi for security reasons as I have to take my work on the road with me.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks like the best choice is Verizon’s pay as you go unlimited option at $75 (~$100 CDN). I looked at using Bell’s roaming service that lets you draw from your Canadian data, but it’s $8/day capped at 20 days per month for $160.

Bob
    2014 Ford F-150 Ecoboost / Max Tow / HD Payload
    2018 Reflection 295RL

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last year in Arizona, and really across the US as we drove from Ottawa, ON, I used a Lycamobile SIM in my unlocked phone. I got the SIM from Travelers Mobile https://travelersmobile.com/. I believe they're in BC. I think I paid $75 CAD plus shipping for 90 days. Unlimited US/Canada calling and unlimited data although they supposedly throttle it after 4GB...I never tested this. I'm pretty sure they use T Mobile which thins out a bit in the West but I don't remember any huge stretches of non coverage although it did happen as we traveled through some remote parts. Certainly no problem in Mesa/Phoenix where we spent most of our time.
    They have 30, 60 and 90 day packages.
    I presently have a 60 day SIM that I bought on speculation of traveling somewhere in the US again this winter, as it was on special for $40. It's for sale as I don't need it. I've changed Canadian cell phone providers and they had a special on a Canada/US package.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12