User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leveling system not working AT ALL, even control panel

Help, please. Hubby and I have been having terrible trouble with the auto leveling system, on a 2018 Solitude 360RL. Picked it up from service last week, and couldn't get the auto leveling system to turn on, not even on the inside control panel. Techs from the dealer took over 45 mins to play with wires and connections, finally got the green light, so we were able to retract jacks. Got to the storage ground, and green light came on first time, so no problems. Yesterday we left for a 25 day trip, and couldn't get the leveling system to turn on again. Tried resetting things, checking for loose connections, etc, and for another 45 minutes would get the red light to come on and off intermittently, but finally it came on line and we were able to hook up and go. Now, we're at campground and hubby has spent hours today testing the voltage and resistance from the battery and all components to the control module, with expected values, looking as if everything should be getting power. He found the 50 amp circuit that others have been having problems with, and found full voltage at both terminals as expected. He concluded the bottom circuit in this configuration was the 50 amp one:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8161.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	94.3 KB 
ID:	15453

So it looks as if power is flowing correctly (battery is fine, all other electronics including slides work fine), so what should we check next? Is the control module maybe bad?

Thanks for the help!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe your four main slides are all hydraulic. If so, they work off the same pump & reservoir as the jacks. If the slides work, but jacks do not it is probably something in the jack (LevelUp) system. There should be a control box (and the level sensor) on the top of the front compartment (under the bedroom). Note: There will be an arrow on it saying "forward" if I remember correctly. Are there any status indicator lights on it (probably red or green)? This is separate from the Schwintek (bedroom slide) controller typically mounted on the back wall of the same compartment. They are typically very close to each other.

Here is the one in my 2018 310GK. Check that all wires and connectors are seated. The single red wire was pulled very tight on mine. I put a strain relief on it.

Name:	IMG_9282.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	15454

Note: The factory circuit breaker is an auto reset type. If it trips, it will reset itself in a few seconds. The jacks are a heavy load. So it may trip out and reset before you can check it.

One other thing to check. If power is out to the display (the key pad) or power is intermittent (display does not stay on when turned on), check the in-line 10 amp fuse (under the rectangular rubber cover) in the curbside rear corner of the front compartment. You may have to dig it out of the wire bundle (I did). I rewired my trailer, so the picture is not stock, but you can see it next to my label (middle on left side) on the back wall in this picture. This is the power for the controller (separate from the pump itself). I would pull the fuse. Inspect it for any corrosion or indication of problems (check with an ohm meter if possible) and if it is good, reinstall it making sure it is fully seated in the holder.

Edit: Now I look closer at your picture the 10 amp in-line fuse is clearly shown in your picture. It is off the medium size red wire off the top of the bus bar.

And yes, the controller and the key pads both do go bad, but not to often.

Name:	IMG_9294.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	15455

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you very much for your thorough response! We are at the GD rally in Delaware right now, and a GD onsite technician was able to come out and look at our issue. It turns out the Level Up Controller board was bad. As soon as it was replaced, everything worked as it should! He said that yes, this is pretty rare, that the boards don't usually fail, but lucky us.. Thanks again!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am glad you got it fixed. Enjoy the rally.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023