User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furnace runs but no air is blowing through the vents

I have a 2015 Reflection 313 and tonight is the first time I tried the furnace. I turned on the thermostat, mode is set to heat, fan is auto. Furnace starts, burner ignites and runs just fine ... with one small detail. No air is blowing through any of the vents.
    I'm wondering if I'm missing something or there is something defective.
    Thanks.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    steaua1986 - The hot air has to be going somewhere or the furnace would overheat and shut itself down. I suspect that you have disconnected ductwork near the furnace. Pull the back wall in the pass through storage area and have a look.

Rob

Edit: I was obviously thinking 5th wheel and then realized you are talking TT. Your furnace is behind your hutch. I am not familiar with access, but the problem is still likely disconnected ductwork.
    Last edited by Cate&Rob; 10-05-2018 at 06:28 AM.
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    steaua1986 - The hot air has to be going somewhere or the furnace would overheat and shut itself down. I suspect that you have disconnected ductwork near the furnace. Pull the back wall in the pass through storage area and have a look.

Rob

Edit: I was obviously thinking 5th wheel and then realized you are talking TT. Your furnace is behind your hutch. I am not familiar with access, but the problem is still likely disconnected ductwork.
    I agree this must be the issue. Should be a relatively simple fix once you figure out how to access. Good luck!
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Basic info in case you’re missing it = Furnace heat doesn’t blow out of the AC vents, it comes out of the floor vents. In my 337 it comes from under the kitchen island and from floor vent in bedroom.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    Basic info in case you’re missing it = Furnace heat doesn’t blow out of the AC vents, it comes out of the floor vents. In my 337 it comes from under the kitchen island and from floor vent in bedroom.
    Found the furnace and checked it out (accessed it by removing two drawers), ducts were hooked. Checking the floor vents to see if there weren't blocked with something inside I heard some gurgling noise coming through the ducts. It turns up that my ducts are full of water and this is what's blocking the air. How the water got there, beats me ... but the more urgent question is how do I get it out? Preferably without removing the underbelly cover.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by steaua1986 View Post
    Found the furnace and checked it out (accessed it by removing two drawers), ducts were hooked. Checking the floor vents to see if there weren't blocked with something inside I heard some gurgling noise coming through the ducts. It turns up that my ducts are full of water and this is what's blocking the air. How the water got there, beats me ... but the more urgent question is how do I get it out? Preferably without removing the underbelly cover.
    This is a first. I've never heard of water in the furnace vents. But, how to get it out. If you don't have a shop vac, I'd purchase one from your nearest home improvement store and use that to remove as much of the water as possible. Then try to remove the ducts and get inside with towels. It's going to be a tough job. I'm just baffled how they could get full of water though unless there was a major leak inside the trailer and the water went inside the floor vents.

Jim

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by steaua1986 View Post
    It turns up that my ducts are full of water and this is what's blocking the air.
    WOW! This is a first! . . . and probably indicates a water system leak going on somewhere. Punching/drilling a drain hole in the ductwork would drain the water into the underbelly . . . and you don't really want that. I think you first want to discover the source of the water. A shop vac could likely be used to remove the water.

Rob

Edit: Jim . . . you and I are obviously thinking along similar lines .
    If you can get heated air moving through the ductwork this will dry out the last of the water if the source has been solved.
    Last edited by Cate&Rob; 10-05-2018 at 09:24 AM.
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the replies. This is how much water I got out (2-3 gallons) using a hand pump.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20181008_183516.jpg  

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A followup question. After removing the kitchen island registers I noticed there's 2 ducts underneath, tied together but only one has air coming through it. What is the second one for? Is it for warming the underbelly?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181008_171907.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	15525

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a major water leak somewhere.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast