User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2019 28MKS Transcend

Bought our 28MKS in June 2018. Have had several camping trips. Love this trailer.. The spacious floor plan, the amount of storage, the layout and color scheme is excellent. Grand Design did a great job with the Transcend. We are currently at the NE Rally in Millsboro, Delaware, and other than the dealer who brought in a Transcend bunkhouse, I think we are the only Transcend owners here. It's fun to show off the "new kid on the block".

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Traded up to Transcend 28 MKS

Quote Originally Posted by bonjonjohnson View Post
    Bought our 28MKS in June 2018. Have had several camping trips. Love this trailer.. The spacious floor plan, the amount of storage, the layout and color scheme is excellent. Grand Design did a great job with the Transcend. We are currently at the NE Rally in Millsboro, Delaware, and other than the dealer who brought in a Transcend bunkhouse, I think we are the only Transcend owners here. It's fun to show off the "new kid on the block".
    I'm a single work kamper traveling with 2 cats. We have had a 2018 Imagine 2500RL for a year. After a long family meeting, we decided that we needed to upgrade to a larger unit. I found the 2800 MKS was a lot more roomy and had more cabinet and drawer space. I pick it up Monday and we are headed for Texas for the winter.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am considering buying this model. Recently we had an experienced couple tell us to avoid rear kitchen trailers because they bounce the stuff in the cabinets too much. I would really like the opinion of those who actually own a 28MKS. We really like the floor plan and it is our first choice.
    Thanks in advance.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rear bounce

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I am considering buying this model. Recently we had an experienced couple tell us to avoid rear kitchen trailers because they bounce the stuff in the cabinets too much. I would really like the opinion of those who actually own a 28MKS. We really like the floor plan and it is our first choice.
    Thanks in advance.
    We traveled to Texas for the winter and we are on our way back. I went down some pretty rough roads and didn't see much of a problem. I had an ice maker, a nu wave oven and a Insta pot sitting on the counter both ways. Still there every time I stopped. Of course everything else was stowed. No broken dishes, no drawers on the floor. Your "Experienced Couple" was right in saying that trailers bounce. But wrong in saying it bounces your stuff around too much. Properly stowed for towing, cabinets closed drawers closed and light loose stuff off the counters, you will be fine. If you are in doubt on how something will ride set it down. Remember what you learned in the bar...... you can't fall off the floor. Enjoy your new Transcend. I love mine.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Add a rubber cushioned equalizer and the ride should improve. The reason that you get conflicting answers about stuff bouncing all over in RK's is because not all RK's are built the same.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the advise, I feel a lot better about the decision now. Very much appreciated.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meant to say thanks for the advice.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few more questions. What is your tow vehicle, does it have enough power, have you towed in any mountains.
    Thanks

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    A few more questions. What is your tow vehicle, does it have enough power, have you towed in any mountains.
    Thanks
    Catsauthor--may I suggest using the REPLY WITH QUOTE feature (like I just did)? If you'll do this, the person you're addressing will get a notification (like you just did) that there's a post waiting for them.

-Howard
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    Catsauthor--may I suggest using the REPLY WITH QUOTE feature (like I just did)? If you'll do this, the person you're addressing will get a notification (like you just did) that there's a post waiting for them.

-Howard
    Thank you, I did not know that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast