User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AT&T DirecTV SEEM to accuse “itinerant” users of theft of services

People who winter in one place and summer in another have been complaining on the ATT Community forum that they are having difficulty with the “it’s YOUR TV, take it with you” concept, in execution. It worked briefly for us, then it abruptly halted our ability to put a broadcast on the bigger tv in our trailer. Some people are away from home for 6 months or more, paying for a service they can’t use. (Paying a LOT) It’s getting a little feisty over there. We’ve been with both for about 20 years, and we are now seriously thinking of dropping them when our latest “upgrade” contract is done. Kind of insulting that they automatically think you’re trying to steal services, when they can clearly track where the signal is, and is NOT, being accessed. Who’s the thief here?
    Nancy
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had Direct TV since it started. Since ATT bought them it has just gone downhill. The latest software upgrade is harder to use and arbitrarily loses recorded programs along with other issues. They have also started locking out the ability to fast forward through commercials on some programs. Not to mention the service has become ridiculously expensive. We are currently looking at options and will probably dump cable/sat providers altogether.
    Steve and Peggy
    Based in beautiful East Tennessee
    2016 Reflection 337RLS
    2017 Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4 CTD

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveTN View Post
    I've had Direct TV since it started. Since ATT bought them it has just gone downhill. The latest software upgrade is harder to use and arbitrarily loses recorded programs along with other issues. They have also started locking out the ability to fast forward through commercials on some programs. Not to mention the service has become ridiculously expensive. We are currently looking at options and will probably dump cable/sat providers altogether.
    Hey, Steve, For years we’ve had DTV “Extra”. The extra part only added a few channels, none of which were pay channels. I added a $4.99 group so I could watch some schmaltzy movies when I retired 7 years ago. The thing that really frosts me is if you want anything on demand (like to replace that broadcast you put on the dvr and a storm rolled thru, or to replace the recording that mysteriously disappeared), they use up your internet allotment for another service you’re paying extra for. Then, if you want to watch dvr’d programs away from home, they first have to be down loaded to your small device, and watched on a screen the size of a postage stamp. Bruce called a couple of weekends ago to see what we’d have to pay to quit. The woman on the other end ran down our services, made a few adjustments and now we have a $45 discount for 12 months. (When we called last year for the upgrade to equipment, we were assured there would be no extra charge. Silly us, our bill went up $30 per month.). It’s pretty clear they are losing customers over this, as more and more people are taking to mobil lifestyles. If they don’t catch on, and start providing services we can use, they are going to lose out.
    Nancy
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've had Dish For My RV (Dish "outdoor" account) since we hit the road. Never an issue with where we are. $47/month (including taxes and the $10 locals package). This may not make sense for those who still have a stix 'n brix, though.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nancy, that's just more reasons in my mind to dump Direct TV.

Rob, even for those of us that don't get on the road that much $47/mo is still less than half of what I've been paying for DirectTV and we don't have any special channels. Maybe Dish has a better deal for those of us that still have the stix/brix. And hello to you and Laura!
    Steve and Peggy
    Based in beautiful East Tennessee
    2016 Reflection 337RLS
    2017 Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4 CTD

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveTN View Post
    ...And hello to you and Laura!
    And "Hello" back at ya! Glad you're getting out and enjoying your rig. We didn't make it back through Tennessee this year, but we want to come check out Johnson City sometime in the near future - it's on our list of places to investigate for our "exit plan." I would like to get together again when we're in the area.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    We've had Dish For My RV (Dish "outdoor" account) since we hit the road. Never an issue with where we are. $47/month (including taxes and the $10 locals package). This may not make sense for those who still have a stix 'n brix, though.

Rob
    We dropped the Fios TV in our primary stix ‘n brix and had Dish TV installed. Then got a Pathway X2 for the RV that we can activate for $7/mo only when traveling.

We recently closed on a weekend/vacation home and Dish installed a dish antenna and ran wire coax to 4 rooms for free at this home. Now we can bring our DVR and boxes to the vacation home whenever we go there at no additional charge. They call this their “snowbird” program. We can bring boxes back and forth at will any time we want between the homes.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rumor has it that DirecTV is dropping all non-HD service next year, which will render most portable sat systems that use DTV useless.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Houndbb -

We take our DirecTV equipment with us down to Palm Springs every winter and have never had a problem. The only thing we don't do is switch our local channels. Is this what you're having trouble with?
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Rumor has it that DirecTV is dropping all non-HD service next year, which will render most portable sat systems that use DTV useless.
    Yes but I bet they will have an upgraded unit they can sell you with a new contract to help you out. They will use 4K as bait. I have direct tv in my home and they are robbing the heck out of me. Only problem is dish in my area were no different. And then there are the cell phones. What a racket!
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast