User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife and I went with the 285 BHTS over the 312. We had a 285 and 312 side by side at the dealership where we bought from. It was nice to have them side by side. Both had features we liked and disliked. For us 285BHTS won out due to better outside storage. The wife liked the kitchen layout better. She did like the island in the 312 though but she felt the large fridge was too much for our needs. The wife preferred the layout overall of kitchen in the 285. The outside kitchen for us neutral as we never had one and always felt like it was a shrug if we got one. I wound up using our mini fridge as a beer fridge. We used the stove once just for the fun of it. The big bunk room was nice in the 312 but we looked down the road. We felt the 285 met our needs just as well. The larger beds for a growing, only child instead of running into what we had before with the old trailer. small narrow bunks. However both trailers have the same front bedroom and bathroom layouts. Sure the dinette in the 285bhts is smaller than what we had before but nothing we could complain about. As a matter of fact the 285 has under seat storage which we didn't have before. We would not have had with the 312 with free standing table and chairs. Outside won on the 285BHTS. The 312 is just one pass thru. The 285 has a rear storage area. We had a smaller rear storage in our old trailer. However, to use the lower bunk we had to clear some of it out. The 285 solved this problem for us. We have rear sleeping accommodations without having to do anything. PLus we retain an awesome front pass thru storage. Love it.

Once again it's all about personal preference. Our 285 BHTS makes us smile everything we walk into the trailer whether its for a storage look or a trip. My wife and I feel it is an upgrade from what we had and liked before. We liked our old trailer for entire time. We made great memories in it. Our 285 BHTS is actually continuing those same feelings. We have already made some wonderful memories so far and look forward to up coming camping seasons.
    2016 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT CCSB 4x4 6.2 gasser 3.73 E locker
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 285BHS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FordmanNJ View Post
    My wife and I went with the 285 BHTS over the 312. We had a 285 and 312 side by side at the dealership where we bought from. It was nice to have them side by side. Both had features we liked and disliked. For us 285BHTS won out due to better outside storage. The wife liked the kitchen layout better. She did like the island in the 312 though but she felt the large fridge was too much for our needs. The wife preferred the layout overall of kitchen in the 285. The outside kitchen for us neutral as we never had one and always felt like it was a shrug if we got one. I wound up using our mini fridge as a beer fridge. We used the stove once just for the fun of it. The big bunk room was nice in the 312 but we looked down the road. We felt the 285 met our needs just as well. The larger beds for a growing, only child instead of running into what we had before with the old trailer. small narrow bunks. However both trailers have the same front bedroom and bathroom layouts. Sure the dinette in the 285bhts is smaller than what we had before but nothing we could complain about. As a matter of fact the 285 has under seat storage which we didn't have before. We would not have had with the 312 with free standing table and chairs. Outside won on the 285BHTS. The 312 is just one pass thru. The 285 has a rear storage area. We had a smaller rear storage in our old trailer. However, to use the lower bunk we had to clear some of it out. The 285 solved this problem for us. We have rear sleeping accommodations without having to do anything. PLus we retain an awesome front pass thru storage. Love it.

Once again it's all about personal preference. Our 285 BHTS makes us smile everything we walk into the trailer whether its for a storage look or a trip. My wife and I feel it is an upgrade from what we had and liked before. We liked our old trailer for entire time. We made great memories in it. Our 285 BHTS is actually continuing those same feelings. We have already made some wonderful memories so far and look forward to up coming camping seasons.
    Your story sounds very similar to mine.
    If you don't mind me asking what was your previous unit?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Bob & Sherrie
    17 F150 Ecobeast
    19 Reflection 285BHTS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bob074 View Post
    Your story sounds very similar to mine.
    If you don't mind me asking what was your previous unit?

My wife and I owned a Skamper Kodiak Ultralight 30bhsl by Thor Dutchman. We liked the layout however our daughter out grew the bunks in the back. She started sleeping on the sofa or dinette bed. Our bed was a short queen in front of the common area. It had a pack and play in the back but it was good for storage of chairs, tables and BBQ type items. If we got to a site late, it was always a hassle to clear out to get a bunk ready. All the stabilizer Jack's were manual as well as the awning. The 285 is much easier to start the weekend with a couple presses of the buttons.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    2016 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT CCSB 4x4 6.2 gasser 3.73 E locker
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 285BHS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FordmanNJ View Post
    My wife and I owned a Skamper Kodiak Ultralight 30bhsl by Thor Dutchman. We liked the layout however our daughter out grew the bunks in the back. She started sleeping on the sofa or dinette bed. Our bed was a short queen in front of the common area. It had a pack and play in the back but it was good for storage of chairs, tables and BBQ type items. If we got to a site late, it was always a hassle to clear out to get a bunk ready. All the stabilizer Jack's were manual as well as the awning. The 285 is much easier to start the weekend with a couple presses of the buttons.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    We owned a Salem 26TBUD with 2 teenagers it was getting to small. My son started sleeping on the couch.
    That's when I knew I needed something with a different layout.

Bob & Sherrie
    17 F150 Ecobeast
    19 Reflection 285BHTS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12