User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    50 in-lbs is about 4 ft-lbs. Not a lot of torque.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Steve and Peggy
    Based in beautiful East Tennessee
    2016 Reflection 337RLS
    2017 Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4 CTD

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    I agree Dallas I can't remember the last time I used a torque wrench. Probably the last time I was doing some engine work like Torquing down the heads.
    Yikes Gary - How do you check the nuts on the shackles, lug nuts, hitch bolts, etc.?

Jim

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    Yikes Gary - How do you check the nuts on the shackles, lug nuts, hitch bolts, etc.?

Jim
    Jim, 50+ years ago when I started driving and maintaining my own cars I didn't even know what a torque wrench was. All these years I have never had a spring come loose or a tire come off. Even on our old Fleetwood there was never a problem. Any time there is a nut and a bolt there will be a torque speck for it. I would be willing to bet more than 90% of them it really isn't important. Some things yes, but not many. After all these years I have never had a problem With something coming loose because I didn't tighten it up enough.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post

Jim
    I fully acknowledge that having the engineered torque is the best option. But I only have the big one, doesn't work on the little stuff. Then, it's hard for me to determine I have the correct settings. Like Gary said, a lot of times there it isn't really important. Snug up stuff that you can break, stuff that is hard to break get er real tight. Good thing I don't do much mechanic work.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just began my first voyage with my new travel trailer, and Imagine 2105 RB. On the first day, I had the same issue present itself. At first I was stressed out, then I thought to myself, "The folks at the forum will know what to do."

I found this thread in two minutes, and had the issue resolved in five. Thanks so much for all the sharing you all do here. It makes a difference.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How'd you folks remove the white plastic shroud from the inside? I see two screws and two white plugs, I assume the plugs remove but i dont want to force them
    Bob & Donna - Maryland
    2017 303 RLS
    2023 Ford F350 CCLB 6.7 Diesel w/B & W Companion 3300 hitch

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    working on aircraft for years I always use a torque wrench. I keep them under the back seat of my F350. The big one is used for wheel lugs on the RV and the truck and torquing the bolts on my Andersen Ultimate 5th wheel hitch. The little one (1/4” drive) is used for the smaller bolts etc that require in/lbs instead of ft/lbs.

Here’s an inexpensive 1//4” drive Torque wrench. https://www.amazon.com/EPAuto-4-Inch...dp/B01LX4ND65/

It beats stripping things out. Also make it a habit to turn the torque down to 0 when storing to maintain calibration.
    Last edited by Jerryr; 09-30-2020 at 07:08 PM.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12