User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Raising the living room TV location on the stand. (310GK)

I’ve seen several post about raising the TV up so that the remote works better, but I have a question. The TV has two hooks on each side that rest on screws on the TV bracket that the TV lowers and raises on. Did you have to drill new holes in those rails or were u able to just loosen the four screws and move the TV up and re-tighten the screws? Thinking if you can use existing screw location you might need to add washers for a tighter fit. Pictures would help if you have raised yours. Thanks
    Gary and Cindy
    Cibolo, Tx.
    2019 Grand Design Solitude 310GK

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gary,
    As I recall, I drilled new holes. It's no biggie, I'm pretty sure they are self tapping. If you aren't sure, just raise the TV on the existing screws to the max hight and see if that helps.

When I mounted my speaker bar below the TV I initially raised my TB too high and in the down position the cabinet cover that lowers when the TV is down didn't close all the way.

I moved my control switch too. You can check out my post on that. It's in a much nicer place now for sure.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    Gary,
    As I recall, I drilled new holes. It's no biggie, I'm pretty sure they are self tapping. If you aren't sure, just raise the TV on the existing screws to the max hight and see if that helps.

When I mounted my speaker bar below the TV I initially raised my TB too high and in the down position the cabinet cover that lowers when the TV is down didn't close all the way.

I moved my control switch too. You can check out my post on that. It's in a much nicer place now for sure.
    Thanks I’ll give that a try. I want to meet the design engineer that put that switch in that location. Like gee. Lol
    Gary and Cindy
    Cibolo, Tx.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have any advice / pictures about what you did? Our (factory TCL) TV is 25.25" tall, 43.5" wide. There's already JUST enough room to jam fingers in to reach the control switch when the TV is fully raised, and at that maximum raise the bottom of the TV JUST clears the cabinet. I don't seem to have as much room for a soundbar under the TV as others do, unless the switch is moved elsewhere so the TV can be raised right up to the cabinet.

Thanks @traveldawg.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    Do you have any advice / pictures about what you did? Our (factory TCL) TV is 25.25" tall, 43.5" wide. There's already JUST enough room to jam fingers in to reach the control switch when the TV is fully raised, and at that maximum raise the bottom of the TV JUST clears the cabinet. I don't seem to have as much room for a soundbar under the TV as others do, unless the switch is moved elsewhere so the TV can be raised right up to the cabinet.

Thanks @traveldawg.
    Do a search for “sound bar”. He has some pictures of his mod.
    Gary and Cindy
    Cibolo, Tx.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is my mod for where I moved my TV riser switch.... http://https://www.granddesignowners...V-Riser-Switch
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is my mod for where I moved my TV riser switch.... http://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/showthread.php/18202-Relocated-TV-Riser-Switch
    Excellent, thanks traveldawg, great idea.

Your link doesn't work as posted, I've corrected it in the quotation above.

Thanks again.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch