Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best route from Maine to South Carolina in February

Traveling from Maine to South Carolina in early February and interested in the best route selection and overnight stops along the way. We typically travel 250 miles each day.

Thanks,

Jon
    Jon
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2022 Silverado 3500HD Duramax SRW

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As far as the route, I'd stay on the I-95 corridor. If you move to a route farther west, you will start hitting mountains and more chance for snow and ice. Just try to time it to avoid rush hour near Boston, New Jersey, Philadelphia and Baltimore.

Jim

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It all depends on where you're going in South Carolina. I-95 routing would be the best if you're going to coastal SC. If you're going to the mountains of the Northwestern SC (Greenville area), you'd do best going I-95 corrider and taking I-85 toward Atlanta.

I agree about choosing your times to go through the mega large cities along the way.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree with staying on I95. Avoid anything in tri-state area that has parkway in the name. I know the Garden State parkway has numerous low bridges and that section of road is prohibited for truck use;RVs should prob avoid that as well.

A note on the timing, try to avoid rush hour around DC and the Woodbridge, VA area as well as what was mentioned above.

Also in VA, it is a good choice to take the 295 bypass off of 95 that goes around Richmond, it will put you back on 95 at the end of it.

You should always watch your speed of course, but the Emporia, VA section of 95 is somewhere to really make sure you stick to the speed limit.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Here is a website with a listing of campgrounds that are open year round in the North East. Just make sure you call ahead to make sure they haven't changed their policies or gone out of business:

http://www.snowbirdrvtrails.com/offseason.htm

Jim

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone. This helps!
    Jon
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2022 Silverado 3500HD Duramax SRW