Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool New Member

My wife and i bought the 337RLS several months ago and have only been able to go a few times, now that fall is here we hope to change that soon. We love the unit, haven't had any issues in the few trips we have had . Fall is here and its time for us to start camping , headed to Fredricksberg in a few weeks will be our first long haul.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome Carl (and Mrs. Carl) That sure is a beauty of a fifth wheel. My favorite floorplan.

Jim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats and welcome! Have a safe trip on your long haul. 337s are awesome..
    Neil and Sheila
    2018 Reflection 303RLS - 2nd A/C
    2015 Silverado 2500HD 6.0 Double Cab, Short Box

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Meyer View Post
    My wife and i bought the 337RLS several months ago and have only been able to go a few times, now that fall is here we hope to change that soon. We love the unit, haven't had any issues in the few trips we have had . Fall is here and its time for us to start camping , headed to Fredricksberg in a few weeks will be our first long haul.
    A (belated) welcome to the forum! I hope you report back after your initial trip. If you go up I-65 to I-59 and then I-40 to I-81 (doing that from memory so may have it wrong) be ready for some rough roads. And note the small rest areas in Virginia! Tight, tight squeeze with only parallel parking. I made that mistake twice!
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats and welcome!
    Mike & Maggie
    Paige, Molly, Delaney & Bridget (yes, 4 daughters)
    Chocolate Lab - Seamus
    2019 312BHTS Reflection TT
    2017 F-250 Lariat SCREW Gasser 6.2L, SRW, shortbed
    14k Equal-I-Zer Hitch

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi and welcome!
    Last March, Bruce and I took a trip south. F’burg is a nice place! Stop in to The Happy Clam. When we were there (sans trailer), they had a strange snowstorm that dropped 4-5” of wet, heavy snow, followed by a cold snap (we were very glad we left our bikes home). Walked all over downtown business area, but most of the shops were closed. Visited Chatham House (outside, in the snow), and the next day, the cemetery. Lots to see and do, so have fun.
    Nancy
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ... headed to Fredricksberg in a few weeks will be our first long haul.
    I assume you mean Fredericksburg, TX, not Virginia. Fredericksburg, TX, is one of our favorite places - there is so much to see an do in the area. You're probably already planning on the National Museum Of The War In The Pacific. It's a great visit and took us two days to see what we wanted in the museum. Jennie's Smoked Burgers (not really burgers, but you have to experience it to understand) and a must-do in our books, as well. Enjoy!

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes it will be Fredricksberg TX, looking forward to getting away and checking out the museum as well as the wine country. Any other recomendations while we are there?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tons of stuff to do around the Fredericksburg area. If you up for a good climb head out to enchanted rock. Horse back riding head to Bandera. Visit LBJ ranch just outside (east) of Fredericksburg. Don't forget to say hi to Willie and Waylon in Ol' Luckenbach. If it's the 3rd Saturday of the month, trade days are happening (east of Fredericksburg). Take a tour or 3 or 4 of the winery's around the area. There are tours you can arrange that visit many of them.

When we visit Fredericksburg we try to stay at Oakwood RV Resort. South of downtown close to Lady Bird Park on Hwy 16 and Freedom Road (get to bypass driving thru downtown).

Have fun and enjoy Central Texas.
    Les and Sharon Bevil
    Austin, Tx

Reflection 311BHS purchased March 2017
    Jayco 32BHDS sold March 2017
    2012 Chevrolet 2500HD 6.6 Diesel (until May 2018)
    2015 Chevrolet 3500HD 6.6 Diesel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info, we will be staying at the KOA this trip . I hope the weather hold off .