User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Replacing stock speakers

Is there any speakers that will fit in the stock holes and then allow me to reuse the covers that go over them? Or at least are also white lol

I would also like to replace the outside speakers as well so any recommendations would be great.

I know they are still being powered by the furrion and wont be great but at least they can be crisp and clear since I now have the tv playing through the interior speakers as well.
    Adam & Juli
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2018 Ford F350 CCSB SRW
    Comfort Ride Hitch Model 184 and Reese Sidewinder

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You certainly can replace the OEM speakers with higher quality speakers and get a much improved sound. I would just remove one speaker and take it to your local Best Buys or electronic store. They often have speakers setup for you to hear. Auto sound shops also are a great source of speakers.

On the outdoor speaker(s), they have special plastic speakers that hold up under the weather that should be used. A number of manufacturers offer them.

You don't even have to have a high quality receiver or sound source to get acceptable sounds.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    You certainly can replace the OEM speakers with higher quality speakers and get a much improved sound. I would just remove one speaker and take it to your local Best Buys or electronic store. They often have speakers setup for you to hear. Auto sound shops also are a great source of speakers.

On the outdoor speaker(s), they have special plastic speakers that hold up under the weather that should be used. A number of manufacturers offer them.

You don't even have to have a high quality receiver or sound source to get acceptable sounds.
    Yea i ended up ordering these from amazon.

http://a.co/d/1oigTZl

I will post a report after I get them installed tomorrow.
    Adam & Juli
    2018 Ford F350 CCSB SRW

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put these JBL speakers in about two years ago. They cost $89 at the time. Sound quality is excellent for that price range, and a huge upgrade over the $2 junk GD installed.

I was reluctant to go with black but I’m really glad I did. They look sharp in the ceiling. Much classier than the plastic white ones

It took me less than 15 min to remove the old ones and install them

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/jbl-6-1-2-2-way-coaxial-car-speakers-with-polypropylene-cones-pair-black/8038046.p?skuId=8038046

Safe Travels
    Bob

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by grandliving View Post
    Yea i ended up ordering these from amazon.

http://a.co/d/1oigTZl

I will post a report after I get them installed tomorrow.

These sound amazing. easy install and look great.

Only thing was the negative terminal on the back is some kind of small spade terminal. The positive was the same but the negative was a much thinner version of the same thing. They came with new speaker wire with the ends on them so I just snipped the old and crimped the new one in.

Total Install time 15 minutes
    Adam & Juli
    2018 Ford F350 CCSB SRW

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this will definitely be an upgrade done soon.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RobertS377, did the white grills snap right on these speakers? I had one coaxial laying around my shop and installed because the stock one was crackling, it fit and cover snapped right on. Not sure the brand of speaker but would like to replace the pair.
    2018 303RLS dual AC , table with chairs and 3 awning covers.. pulled by a 2021 GMC 3500 AT4, Andersen hitch with Factory turnover ball