Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Salt Lake City - Jackson Wyoming

Google maps has provided the embedded image travel options for our 2019 seven (7) day Teton NP camping trip.

Looking to understand if any route directions into Jackson Wyoming from SLC is more picturesque ...?

The same question would also pertain to the return trip back into SLC...?

I would like to maximize as much as possible for both directions, time to and from are wide open.

Thanks and looking forward to your trip report suggestions

RAM 2500 CTD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails E3EFBDAD-BC00-4112-B166-4DCD7C018F5D.png  
    🏔 2 🏖

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oddly enough I cannot remember how we got into the Tetons NP area, while there we stayed at the Rawhide RV park on east 26/287. We were headed into Yellowstone but the roads were still closed due to snow. So we had to back track and go around west to get to West Yellowstone. I decided not to go over Teton Pass on 22 out of Jackson, just too much for our big rig.

Another time through there we took 89 SW bound past Bear Lake, pretty drive. We also spent a night at Hyrum State Park in Logan, pretty little park.

It's very pretty country so hard to determine which route would be "more scenic".
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On my phone and can’t see your attachment but you can go north on 15 up to 26 (if I remember) head east through Swann Valley ( don’t go over Teton Pass) head over to Hoback Junction and up into Jackson. Or go east on I80 to Evanston WY and then head north to Hoback and Jackson. I think the 3rd route through Bear Lake might be longer with a trailer.... it’s pretty but only did in in a car years ago.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM 2500 CTD View Post
    Google maps has provided the embedded image travel options for our 2019 seven (7) day Teton NP camping trip.

Looking to understand if any route directions into Jackson Wyoming from SLC is more picturesque ...?

The same question would also pertain to the return trip back into SLC...?

I would like to maximize as much as possible for both directions, time to and from are wide open.

Thanks and looking forward to your trip report suggestions

RAM 2500 CTD
    When we came back from Yellowstone/Tetons a year ago, we came down 89 to just south of Brigham City. Then use 91 to cut over to the I15.

Going to Yellowstone from Salt Lake City we went up I15 to Idaho Falls, and then took the 20 up to West Yellowstone.

Since both roads were new to us, it was good viewing.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)