Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We can park them in our driveways so long as they are on cement and don't stick out past the front of the house. We put in a 30amp plug and our clean out trap is right there so we have full hook-up.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another potential issue is the Turning Point hitch. I have the wedge installed on mine and have found that I need to be straight on when hitching. The jaws won’t close if there is any angle between truck and trailer. I expected that I could hitch at an angle if the pin box was rotated to align with truck, but I’ve only had success with the truck and trailer were lined up.

Bob
    2014 Ford F-150 Ecoboost / Max Tow / HD Payload
    2018 Reflection 295RL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    From your photo it looks like the trailer will be blocking the sidewalk while parked in your driveway. Will your city say anything about that.
    I was thinking the same thing.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The slope may be a problem. I back up a ramp with the RV ending up in a garage with a level floor. The front of the tv is lower and rear wheels up on garage slab. Mainly have to tinker with height when hooking up. Would be easier if they were on the same plane.
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papahoosh View Post
    Please note I have a Ford F250 with 6.5 Ft bed and we are thinking about purchasing Grand Design Reflection 295RL.
    I am new to 5th wheel so I hope I am asking this right.
    My driveway is not leveled with the street and about 2 feet higher and slops up to the house. To hitch and unhitch does 5th wheel need to be level?
    My other concern is in order to back into my driveway, I have to make a sharp turn that essentially places the truck and tow vehicle at a 130° angle. Can I hitch/unhitch at this angle , or do I have to be reasonably straight?
    I have almost the exact same situation. I have the same truck and our camper is a 34 foot Reflections 327. As others have mentioned I come from the other direction. I dip in the drive and then move my nose to the other side of the street so I already have a really nice angle of attack. I start my turn slight when my bumper hits the edge of the drive. Then when my rear wheel of the camper hits the edge I get very aggressive on my turn watching my cap, I then ease up on the turn. By now I am at an angle as you mentioned so I pull forward that straightens the rig and I back straight. My truck now blocks part of the street. We put 18 wheeler chocks in front of both wheels. and unhitch putting some blocks under the landing gear so they won't be extended and level the rig. We do block the sidewalk so we don't keep it there very long, maybe a day or two. Codes and Enforcement did come by and told us it had to be out of the drive in 24 hours when ever we use the camper. Hope this helps

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you back in from that direction and plan on putting the FW that close to the end of the driveway, your TV will not be at that angle. My driveway slopes up from the street to the garage slightly where my pin will be high when level. Here is my 40 foot Solitude in my driveway. I back in from the drivers side because we are in a cul-de-sac and turning around at the end of the street in the circle is a challenge with cars on the street.

I am almost parallel with the FW when I get it snug to the far edge of the driveway. I have never had my front wheels touch the neighbor's driveway across the street putting this into place. Attached is a photo right after I backed into the driveway. TV is parallel to the coach.

Also I have had my TV at a 35 degree angle to the FW and the tailgate does go down with about 3 inches to spare. I have also hooked at that angle...a nail biter to make sure I don't touch the tailgate to the FW.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fullsizeoutput_264.jpeg 
Views:	26 
Size:	560.8 KB 
ID:	15698
    Barb, Lyle and the 3 four-legged kids
    2015 Solitude 369RL #3521
    2018 Ford F350 DRW

“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12