Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

leak at back of air conditioner unit

Just yesterday I noticed water dripping on the floor from our air conditioner when it was raining,never happened before.It was coming out of the back right corner.I went up the ladder ,but,could not see any pooling of water on the roof ,but,it was contast drip.Rain stopped ,drip stopped,any ideas where it could leaking from?I did not notice any dark wood around the conditioner cut out,so it must just have started to leak.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you take down the plastic shroud on the ceiling you'll see 4 bolts. One is probably loose. Tighten them and see if that resolves the leaking. The seal around the air needs to be compressed to be effective and if a bolt is loose water can seep in. Tighten all the bolts as when you tighten one, another comes loose. Use a drill and set it to 3 or so and make sure they are all tightened evenly.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks,I did try to take the shroud down even after removing the 4 screws it seems glued on the one end.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same problem last time we were camping in the Summer. I pulled the air filter out and washed it in the sink. The leaking stopped immediately.