Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quick Direct TV?

I would post in electronic section...bit though I would a quick response here..

Just purchased a King Quest Pro with Tripod

I am a Direct TV subscriber...Genie and wireless Genie in the home.
    Called Direct for a new receiver for RV... they sent a installer with a Genie.... wont work of course..

After 45 min on the phone.... I got no where... Installer said i need a HR24...

What have folks done here... just buy a receiver on Amazon...?? and have it activated...
    2019 Solitude 372WB FBP loaded
    2021 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 FX4 Long Bed Rapid Red
    1970 Plymouth Roadrunner
    1968 Dodge Charger

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just bought a receiver...HR21 I think

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I take the receiver from the house and put it in the 5th wheel when we travel. No local channels, but everything else works. If you submit a Dinsant Network Service form, you can get either the east coast or west coast network feeds for ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX. I have not done that since the ATT take over, so not sure how it works today.

My $0.01 worth.
    George
    George and Connie
    Commerce City, CO
    Webpilot
    Solitude 380FL
    2014 Ram 3500 Dually
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by webpilot View Post
    I take the receiver from the house and put it in the 5th wheel when we travel.
    Same here. It only takes a couple minutes to remove from the house and set up in the RV. All your recordings and scheduled recordings stay with you.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by webpilot View Post
    I take the receiver from the house and put it in the 5th wheel when we travel. No local channels, but everything else works. If you submit a Dinsant Network Service form, you can get either the east coast or west coast network feeds for ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX. I have not done that since the ATT take over, so not sure how it works today.

My $0.01 worth.
    George
    Not really a option for us... our main receiver is in the entertainment center... and my wife has so much stuff taping on the DVR.... would not end well...
    1970 Plymouth Roadrunner
    1968 Dodge Charger

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    Same here. It only takes a couple minutes to remove from the house and set up in the RV. All your recordings and scheduled recordings stay with you.
    Dont think they do if you are outside locals range right...??
    1970 Plymouth Roadrunner
    1968 Dodge Charger

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JMCFAN View Post
    Dont think they do if you are outside locals range right...??
    The only difference in service (moving from Central Oregon to southern CA and back) is we don't get local channels (e.g. ABC, CBS, NBC). But, we very rarely watch anything on the local channels and when we do, we can either use the roof antenna, park cable or stream it. As mentioned in a prior post here, if you contact DirecTV, you could get east or west coast feeds for ABC/CBS/NBC if you really wanted them.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch