User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Fifth wheel mover hitch for tractor.

OK folks - I am trying to make my life easy. I have a Bobcat compact tractor and an attachment to the front that has a receiver hitch. I use it to move my standard utility trailer around with a typical ball mounted to a bar that fits into the receiver. I also use it to move my goose-neck trailers around too. It makes parking them a snap.

I have been looking for a king pin cup that will fit (or modified) so I can do the same with the 5th wheel. I found the following king pin cup on etrailer. Its a replace part for a try-pod stabilizer.
    From the pictures (inside of cup) I am not sure it would be strong enough to work to move the fifth wheel around

https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories...ils=.questions

Here are some pictures for the attachment for the front of my tractor. I can move the receiver up so the cup would be above the plate.

Thoughts? Are there already some made out there?

Thanks Keith
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0076.jpg   IMG_0077.jpg  
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your tractor has an option for forks, this will work, although it is designed for fork lifts

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

We live wherever you find us, we are full-time travelers.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I were you I would go to a weld shop and specify what you want. This one at etrailer looks a little flimsy for the price.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    David, Judy, and Roscoe
    2014 Solitude 369RL
    2013 Ram 3500 6.7l Cummins LB 4WD SRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    FT4NOW
    I already have the quick attach that I posted pictures of for the tractor its a quick attach plate that Titan used to sell.

KD7UCH - Been shopping around for a welder as you suggest, but they want an arm and a leg, pretty much twice the price of the etrailer one.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    FT4NOW
    I already have the quick attach that I posted pictures of for the tractor its a quick attach plate that Titan used to sell.

KD7UCH - Been shopping around for a welder as you suggest, but they want an arm and a leg, pretty much twice the price of the etrailer one.
    I did see the picture, the one I posted has an option to move a 5th wheel. I know what you're looking for can be done, one of the campgrounds we got has a tractor that moves 5th wheels around. I havent seen anything else commercially available, but I only did a quick search. You're best bet might be to shop around for welders, I'm sure there is a shop somewhere that want charge you an arm and leg.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about one of the adapters that attaches to the trailer for using an Anderson Ultimate hitch? I have never seen one in person but from pictures it appears it would make you trailer so it would connect to a ball, you would probably need to move the ball higher on your plate but that looks pretty straight forward to do.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Local place that services RV's uses a simple piece of heavy wall pipe just big enough to fit over the pin on the 5th wheel. Pipe maybe 3 inch ID by 4 inches long. Weld a cap over one end of the pipe, drill a 3/4 or 1 inch hole in the bottom and bolt it to a spare draw bar that fits your receiver. Go to a metal fabrication shop and if they charge over $40 for the whole job, keep looking. Ask local heavy equipment owners (guys that move dirt for a living) who repairs their equipment when it needs welded.
    2017 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS, purchased April 2018. 2014 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel (I need a bigger truck!). Oswego NY in the summer, Ft. Myers Beach, Fl in the winter. GD is my summer home. Previously owned: 2015 Rockwood 2604WS; 2012 KZ Stoneridge 43' toy hauler; 2005 Titanium 39' toy hauler.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does the hitch in your truck have a removable head? What I mean is my Curt A16 the hitch plate separates from the base with a simple pin. If yours does this fabricate a base to attach to a receiver and you would be set.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DougW9876 View Post
    What about one of the adapters that attaches to the trailer for using an Anderson Ultimate hitch? I have never seen one in person but from pictures it appears it would make you trailer so it would connect to a ball, you would probably need to move the ball higher on your plate but that looks pretty straight forward to do.
    Interesting idea but that thing doesn't just snap on. The time it would take to install / uninstall it would likely be greater than the time required to just go get the truck to move the trailer.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    Here are some pictures for the attachment for the front of my tractor. I can move the receiver up so the cup would be above the plate. Thoughts? Are there already some made out there? Thanks Keith
    You want thoughts? I got thoughts.

- Wouldn't the max weight on that receiver & ball be in the hundreds of pounds, rather than two-three thousand?

- @paggy00271 may be onto something in his post above. My hitch head rests on two pins, can be removed and put on something else in about a minute. OTOH, if I had to go to the truck to get the hitch head I might just use the truck to move the trailer.

- Most busy dealers are already doing something like what you want to do. What's your dealer and other dealers in your area doing?

Thoughts worth every penny you've paid for them. (Good luck.)
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast